Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E38 with T42 shifting through gears way too quick and dead pedal syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnraines View Post
    Is the only way to change the OS to 2wd to license a new tune from the repository? I have a 2wd tune from the repository out of an 08 tahoe that uses the same OS 24239927 as I am currently running but it has different numbers in the trans ID and CV section and a different CVN # in the diagnostic section.
    Last edited by truckfan2; 02-28-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    Just another day on the laptop...

Try segment swapping them

Segment swap to 2wd worked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnraines View Post
    Try segment swapping them
    I swapped the t42 and trans segments from an 08 silverado 2wd and it worked for two drives which is better than I have had. I will let it sit overnight and see what the morning brings. Thanks for the help man!, I am learning more and more about these gen IVs through every headbanging session...Guy is bringing in an E78 swapped jeep next week, I have heard those are not very user friendly to mess with so should be interesting.
    Just another day on the laptop...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by truckfan2 View Post
    I swapped the t42 and trans segments from an 08 silverado 2wd and it worked for two drives which is better than I have had. I will let it sit overnight and see what the morning brings. Thanks for the help man!, I am learning more and more about these gen IVs through every headbanging session...Guy is bringing in an E78 swapped jeep next week, I have heard those are not very user friendly to mess with so should be interesting.
    Did this ever get resolved? I have the same problem

Tuner in Training
    Anyone? Hello