Potential Tuner

2k rpm whenever car moving

Hey everybody
    New here and have a issue i hope yall can help with

car
    2012 Camaro ZL1
    416 stroker joker ported heads and blower
    Manual Car

Ive had this car for a few months and cant figure out in the tune how to lower idle when car is moving. Whenever coasting and/or car is moving the rpm will not drop below 2,000 rpms until i come to a complete stop. Double check and no vacuum leaks. Purchased hp tuners for car to try and figure this out. 3rd owner of car and second owner was a good friend who had the same problem but never looked into it. Any suggestions would be great. Ive been doing a lot of searches and can seem to find anything. Im new to hp tuners. My other car runs on ms3 pro.

attached my tune and a log of driving around if that helps

2012 zl1 drive around.hpl2012 chevy zl1 camaro orignal tune do not delete.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by hyc140532 View Post
    Hey everybody
    New here and have a issue i hope yall can help with

car
    2012 Camaro ZL1
    416 stroker joker ported heads and blower
    Manual Car

Ive had this car for a few months and cant figure out in the tune how to lower idle when car is moving. Whenever coasting and/or car is moving the rpm will not drop below 2,000 rpms until i come to a complete stop. Double check and no vacuum leaks. Purchased hp tuners for car to try and figure this out. 3rd owner of car and second owner was a good friend who had the same problem but never looked into it. Any suggestions would be great. Ive been doing a lot of searches and can seem to find anything. Im new to hp tuners. My other car runs on ms3 pro.

attached my tune and a log of driving around if that helps

2012 zl1 drive around.hpl2012 chevy zl1 camaro orignal tune do not delete.hpt
    Try reducing your min airflow table in the RPM range it is happening. Either compare the table to a stock tune and see how much your off or take 20% out and try it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Try reducing your min airflow table in the RPM range it is happening. Either compare the table to a stock tune and see how much your off or take 20% out and try it.

Thank You so much, I was able to find a stock tune for a 5th gen and copy a lot of the idle info over. I'm not sure exactly which change in the idle fixed it but the car runs the same but drops down in idle and coasts like a stock normal car now. I don't know why i didn't think about that. Just made this car a million times more enjoyable and streetable.

thanks again

Tuning Addict
    Just for future a lot of things were jacked up in that idle section. Main ones were airflow max and throttle follower torque that would cause it to hang during coast like that.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC