Thread: Issue with tuning of a L92 with an E38 ecu

Tuner in Training

Issue with tuning of a L92 with an E38 ecu

Hello guys,
    We are very newbies in tuning with HP tuners from France ! we are having several issues with our engine. First of all, this engine is from a 2007 GMC yukon denali 6.2L V8. We are not swapping it yet, we are trying to start the engine on a pallet.
    Here's our problems :
    - First of all, our scanner is displaying the speed at 255km/h while the engine doesn't even start. how to fix it if possible ?
    - Our injectors are not piloted and don't fire up
    - Finnaly, we put a new fuel pump large debit of 8 bar. (~116psi) is it too much ? Can it be a reason why it doenst work ?

Concening the ecu, i just removbed the vats and thats all, i'm not that much familiar with the software yet...
    If some of you have some advice or ideas, i'll take it !

Thanks !

If there is no transmission, the speedo can be pegged at 255mph.

Yes, that is way too much fuel pressure. Too much pressure can stop the injectors from working. The max pressure you should be running is 58-60psi.

Did you perform a "write entire" when you flashed the VATS removal?

A data log would be helpful too. If something else isn't plugged in or working that could stop the engine from running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your answer !

Ok so the speedo at 255 is not an issue.

For the fuel pressure, a pressure regulator would be a great idea i guess.

Yes i did the write entire when i removed it, i join my logs.
    everything else is plugged, no connections are missing

ls3.hpt

Another problem.

Someone applied the 2 bar OS to this computer. The engine will not run with the 2 bar OS upgrade unless you do a lot of changes. The MAP sensor data is wrong and the new VE tables are blank because they have to be manually populated.

Go back to the stock file with a write entire and do not apply the 2 bar OS upgrade. Then just disable VATS and set the fuel pressure lower. It will run after that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Shit... I don't have the stock file of the engine, do you know if i can get it from somewhere or if it is possible to get it from the software itself ? Cuz we had the engine from someone and we are obviously not the first to change things.
    For the fuel pressure, what values should i change and how many should i change
    Thanks for your help !
    Last edited by lizard_garage; 03-08-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Open your file. Click Edit > View Change/History Logs. Right-click where it says 'Base' and 'open in new editor'. Save that file. Then make several copies of it and store somewhere safe.

This only lets you go back as far as the last time the tune was read out from the vehicle. In your case, the 'Base' is right before the custom OS was applied, I don't know if it's the 100% stock file with zero changes.

You need a manual trans OS if you want everything to work correctly without a TCM. The ECM is expecting to get a lot of info coming in over the CAN lines (not just the VSS), and that info's not there when you just chop out half of the control system.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Open your file. Click Edit > View Change/History Logs. Right-click where it says 'Base' and 'open in new editor'. Save that file. Then make several copies of it and store somewhere safe.

This only lets you go back as far as the last time the tune was read out from the vehicle. In your case, the 'Base' is right before the custom OS was applied, I don't know if it's the 100% stock file with zero changes.
    Thanks for your help ! Here is the file i obtained with the "base" setting, is it a stock file ?

Also, we have a manual trans so how can we proceed ? do we have to change the ECM ?

I don't have your stock file to compare with, that would be the only way to know. This is why it's important to keep a record of changes you make.

You should be OK with the auto OS with the engine on a test stand. If the plan is to keep it as a manual trans or non-electric auto when it gets installed into something, it will need a manual trans OS.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, the file didn't come with it... it is attached here ls3-stock.hpt

For our trans, it will be a manual trans of course ! where can i get the OS for a manual trans ? cuz if we need it in the future, it can be good to do it now.

Thanks for all your answers and sorry for our shortcoming in the field !