Thread: Rich when letting off throttle

Tuner in Training

Rich when letting off throttle

I think I have everything dialed in, fuel trims seem to be in check but whenever I let off the throttle, she goes rich for a bit. I'm not sure if I should ignore it at this point and roll on or is there something amuck here causing this? If anyone could take a look at my log and offer suggestions, I would appreciate it
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Are you using wideband data for tuning, or just monitoring? How are you tuning? Because the LTFT+STFT looks kinda horrible, like it hasn't been touched or has been touched in all the wrong ways. I see a range from +11% to -20%. You should be able to get it to +5/-5, though in a perfect world I'd rather see +0/-5. I would tune the part throttle areas using the trims and WB only for WOT/PE when the NBs stop being in control.

fake edit: Oh. VVE is untouched yet. MAF has been fiddled but dynamic is still set to 4000. So it's essentially untuned below 4K. Um, why?

I think what you are seeing is completely normal (especially given all of the above). When throttle blade closes the vacuum makes any puddled/liquid fuel hanging around in the intake vaporize, meaning it's then in a state where it's no longer puddled and static, and vapor can be moved easily into the cylinder. This is unmetered fuel that isn't being commanded by the ECM and causes a rich condition.