Thread: L86 8L90 swap very rough idle and surging

Tuner in Training

L86 8L90 swap very rough idle and surging

I have the following hardware installed for an L86 8L90 swap into a 67 Camaro.

L86 with: LT2 intake, Spectre CAI from 2016 SS Camaro, Speed Engineering (short) headers, 3" exhaust with X pipe
    8L90 stock
    Fuel System: Aeromotive 340 in tank pump, 30-90 adjustable fuel pressure regulator controlled by relay from FPCM signal wire

Lots of surging at idle and boggs down really low at times. When throttle is depressed, RPMs hang at 2500-3000 and stay there before eventually going back down.

I noticed that in the fuel system in my tune, FPCM is selected which doesnt seem right. Anything else Im missing that is off with the base tune, the tuner did for me?

camaro tune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog76 View Post
    I have the following hardware installed for an L86 8L90 swap into a 67 Camaro.

L86 with: LT2 intake, Spectre CAI from 2016 SS Camaro, Speed Engineering (short) headers, 3" exhaust with X pipe
    8L90 stock
    Fuel System: Aeromotive 340 in tank pump, 30-90 adjustable fuel pressure regulator controlled by relay from FPCM signal wire

Lots of surging at idle and boggs down really low at times. When throttle is depressed, RPMs hang at 2500-3000 and stay there before eventually going back down.

I noticed that in the fuel system in my tune, FPCM is selected which doesnt seem right. Anything else Im missing that is off with the base tune, the tuner did for me?

camaro tune.hpt

Log File

log 2.13.hpl

Tuning Addict
    Change fpcm setting and see if timing comes back positive. Only thing I looked at so may have a lot of other things wrong causing the very negative timing and incorrect fueling.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Change fpcm setting and see if timing comes back positive. Only thing I looked at so may have a lot of other things wrong causing the very negative timing and incorrect fueling.
    will do, thanks

Tuner in Training
    I did an idle clean and reset the fuel trims. Runs great now and no more hanging rpms.