Thread: gen 4 idle base timing vs high/low octane

Advanced Tuner

gen 4 idle base timing vs high/low octane

should the Idle Base Timing table look similar to the high and low table or should these be set to the lowest amount of timing you want to run for the given rpm? Also, from the Spark Advance table in the Scanner, do you want to copy-multiply percent half or just copy and paste?

if this doesn't make any sense then i guess i should just ask. What is the procedure for tuning timing?

Rob

Senior Tuner
    idle timing should be for idle dosnt matter too much if u want to match up the above idle areas to other tables, after a desired throttle percentage it will leave that idle table and go to the main spark table anyway, just make sure that in the idle area there is at least 10 deg more spark in the main spark table then the idle spark table as it can be used as an upper limit to idle spark correction, then i usually set the low octane table same as main but then take out 5 or so deg overall

Advanced Tuner
    makes sense. thank you! as for the copy and paste function, i just watched a video where the guy copied and pasted as a subtraction. is that the correct way to do it if you have knock showing up in your log?

Senior Tuner
    i usually see the area its in and blend it back in if timing is lower to remove knock, still try to keep some uniform to the table