Thread: need some guidance with LS3 swap

Potential Tuner

need some guidance with LS3 swap

Hope everyone is doing okay. I am just reaching out to the community for some guidance/ assistance. I am fairly new to tuning myself and am a very hands on and visual learner, which makes this a little hard for me because not to many people like to show the changes they'd make then explain why they made them. But besides that, I'm willing to learn and just want to learn the right way so I don't mess up my projects or anyone else's when the time comes.

Recently took my 6.0L out my 07 C6 Corvette and swapped in a 6.2L instead. I installed the Summit Pro pistons, rods, and rings. I installed a Texas Speed Stage 3 Supercharger cam that has a

Duration .050 (intake 231) (exhaust 239)
    Lobe Lift (.376) (.370)
    Valve [email protected] (.640) (.629)
    Lobe Separation (115)
    Intake Center Line (112)

Installed a good bit of other sturdy parts and ported the heads, double sprung valve springs and new valve seals, and also installed the FAST intake and TB. Running long tube headers and Borla S-Type exhaust.

Once again I'm very new to the tuning side, but i gave it a shot and kinda just took the leap. I made adjustments here and there based off of some time reading over different websites and some knowledge that i already had. I loaded the tune and it fired up, its not bucking or doing anything that "feels" crazy at idle. BUT upon acceleration, its really jerkey getting up to speed and in all gears. Once the RPS get high enough it smooths out and starts to really pick up momentum. Also when i go to change gears, or depress the clutch, it revs. My foot can be completely off the gas and i push in the clutch and it does this. Then the only other oddity that I myself can see is when I'm in neutral and i pat the gas pedal and release, rising the RPMs past 3500-6K, it will shut down when the rpms drop back to what should be idle.

Id appreciate help and I know time is money so definitely willing to compensate some money. I took a Idle log with a quick drive around the block, as well as a drive from my house to my work which is a couple miles. Also current tune file.

ls3 swap IdleDrive scan.hplswap drive.hplLS3 wCam swap55.hpt

Senior Tuner
    You have a few issues that need to be resolved.

The first issue is the MAP sensor. You're MAP sensor calibration is incorrect. It needs to be changed to the stock values. The Linear should be 94.43. The Offset is 10.34.

You mention changing to a FAST intake and TB, but FAST doesn't offer a DBW TB. Did you get a different brand TB?

The calibration has been changed from the stock LS2 injectors to a much higher flowrate. Which injectors are you running?

The VVE tables are stock, but you're running in blended mode up to 6000 rpm. They need to be calibrated before you run it in that mode.

I'm not sure why the MAF DTC's were changed to No Error Reported, and/or No MIL Light.

Feel free to email me if you'd like for me to get it dialed in for you.

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You have a few issues that need to be resolved.

The first issue is the MAP sensor. You're MAP sensor calibration is incorrect. It needs to be changed to the stock values. The Linear should be 94.43. The Offset is 10.34.

You mention changing to a FAST intake and TB, but FAST doesn't offer a DBW TB. Did you get a different brand TB?

The calibration has been changed from the stock LS2 injectors to a much higher flowrate. Which injectors are you running?

The VVE tables are stock, but you're running in blended mode up to 6000 rpm. They need to be calibrated before you run it in that mode.

I'm not sure why the MAF DTC's were changed to No Error Reported, and/or No MIL Light.

Feel free to email me if you'd like for me to get it dialed in for you.

[email protected]
    email sent, thank you!