Thread: Instant MPG error after Fuel system install

Instant MPG error after Fuel system install

Hey guys,

I recently installed a fore innovations fuel system in my C6 zo6. the fuel pressure regulator is boost reference. my tuner sent me a new tune file where the injector flow rate was set the same values across the board @63.5. I noticed that my range and instant MPG on my DIC have been incorrect and reading very low. I understand it will never been as good as stock, but I would like to get as close as I can. there anything I can do in the tune to output semi correct MPG data?

after we installed the ID1050x's we cut the fuel density table in half to compensate. now with the boost reference regulator and the flow rate table being the same across the board I am hoping there is something I can do to get semi close again.
    Machine Silver 08 C6z: AHP stage 4 CNC heads, CMS Stage 4 Cam, Longtubes, AHP Ported MSD intake, Vararam snake charmer intake, NW 103, BBE fusion and ID1050X's
    Victory Red 08 C6z: Heads, custom Cam, Longtubes, Ported Fast 102, Corsa Exhaust, Haltech intake - Sold

That's an incorrect way to account for the large injectors.

There is a different "incorrect" way that is far better and more accurate for using large injectors on a early computer like that.

I would say 99% of people do it this way.

Double the stoich table, cut the Injector Flow rate in half and half the IVT Terms AFR Term table. That will now let the computer handle 127lb/hr injectors and keep everything pretty darn close with the injector data. Then tune in Lambda.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That's an incorrect way to account for the large injectors.

There is a different "incorrect" way that is far better and more accurate for using large injectors on a early computer like that.

I would say 99% of people do it this way.

Double the stoich table, cut the Injector Flow rate in half and half the IVT Terms AFR Term table. That will now let the computer handle 127lb/hr injectors and keep everything pretty darn close with the injector data. Then tune in Lambda.
    The different ?incorrect? way is how it was done the first time when I went the NA route for my HCI setup and it ran great.

I recently added the fore innovations fuel system and an ECS blower kit. And the same tuner sent me a base file with the flow rates maxed (I?m assuming to account for the regulator lowering fuel pressure at idle and under vacuum conditions).

Sounds like there isn?t much I can do other then keep an eye out on my miles per tank and what the computer says and multiple by the difference in the fuel density section.
    Machine Silver 08 C6z: AHP stage 4 CNC heads, CMS Stage 4 Cam, Longtubes, AHP Ported MSD intake, Vararam snake charmer intake, NW 103, BBE fusion and ID1050X's
    Victory Red 08 C6z: Heads, custom Cam, Longtubes, Ported Fast 102, Corsa Exhaust, Haltech intake - Sold