Thread: Changes made in HPtuners don't seem to have any effect

Potential Tuner

Changes made in HPtuners don't seem to have any effect

So I'm just getting started with hptuners in my first ls swap, a 5.3 from a 2002 avalanche + 4l60e in a 1966 ford LTD. Got it running without a hitch just a few days ago. I used hptuners to turn off vats and it worked fine, now I just want to make some small changes like using the gear/tire wizard, messing with DTCs, and change idle speed. The most noticeable change, the idle, doesn't seem to be taking effect and for that matter, I don't know if the other changes are doing anything. I go to idle>base setpoint > and raising it a couple hundred when the engine is at temp, write to vehicle etc. No matter what the idle stays at 550, just like it would stock. I apologize for being a beginner if I'm overlooking something obvious, I've followed tutorials and instructions and I don't understand what I could be missing to have these changes seemingly not register at all, especially since turning off vats went fine. Thanks for any input.

Are you saving the file and then writing the tune file?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Yea

Tuner in Training
    Its gonna idle based on your ect so if its warm its going to use that idle point. That being said there is also a table under engine < idle < airflow < general. I had to raise the rpm limit there.

Senior Tuner
    We will need to take a look at your tune file and a datalog in order to know that you're making the proper changes.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    We will need to take a look at your tune file and a datalog in order to know that you're making the proper changes.
    66 LTD Gear adjustment + DTCs +Idle Speed.hpt
    cruise log.hpl

Potential Tuner
    I made sure that the temp correlated with the rpm, and the idle max is 1,200rpm