Thread: Trouble logging maf frequency

Tuner in Training

Trouble logging maf frequency

So I just bought a 2010 CTS-V A6. the car has a ported blower, 2.38 pulley, ZL1 lid, 4.5" New Era Intake, ID1050 injectors, and a Fasterproms under hood ice tank. I've installed an AEM 30-0300 wideband in the bank 2 ltft bung. The previous owner said that he got the car to a drive-able state. Fast forward a couple days, I have a day where I can data log and tune. I go to narrow band tune the MAF sensor using the LTFT bank 1 sensor, and the cars cruising around and light to medium throttle is fine, but I can't get the airflow to log over 8100hz and 48% throttle without it going rich on my AFR gauge. The car is also throwing a p0068, p0103, p0171, and p0174 codes. My guess is that 48%throttle is where the 8100hz starts. Why can't I get it to read over 8100? Is it because the other sensor is not hooked up, or is it because the codes?
    I've attached logs and the current tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    My guess would be that the MAF is being maxed out. A larger diameter inlet tube in front of the maf will help. Personally, I think a SD only tune would be better fit for your application

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    My guess would be that the MAF is being maxed out. A larger diameter inlet tube in front of the maf will help. Personally, I think a SD only tune would be better fit for your application
    That's what I've been working on, I just figured it would be nice to have a MAF to for the upper end of the powerband.

I've never messed with these tables, so I don't know how to scale them or what else it will affect, or if its related to your issue...

This is your scan with MAF in lb per hr.
    You look to me maxing these tables

Probably need to rule out codes first (I didn't look at them)....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dhoagland; 01-03-2022 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Re Word
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    -Seems like this should be entering PE sooner than it is. The PE pedal settings might need to be lowered.
    -No wideband is being logged and you can not tune closed loop with a wideband in place of your 02 sensor. So, Either: Add your wideband to the logged channels and put the car into OPEN LOOP. OR: Put the 02 sensor back in and tune only part throttle using 02 sensor data.
    -You need to input the correct injector flow rate data. ID1050s flow over the flow rate tables 127lb/hr limit. You need to scale them. So, copy and paste the 50% scaled values from the ID spreadsheet. Then, multiply the stoich table by 2 and multiply the AFR Term table by 50%.
    -Re-tune starting with a stock MAF table. The current values seem way to high and are over HPT table limits at and above 14,000hz (this might contribute to P0103?). There is a smaller pulley but the MAF is in a larger tube. You could try a stock MAF table increased by 15% also.
    -P0068 tables as noted above may need to be tuned. Try to actually tune them and not just max them out.

Try these settings:

You need to change your Boost Disable settings or you will hit the boost limit with the 2.38. It is under Engine>Torque Management>Supercharger

Also raise your MAP Estimation under Engine>Airflow>General

Just a few things I saw. I didn't go through the entire tune.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuner in Training
    The MAF will stop logging at roughly 86-87 lb/min of airflow registration. VE / SD based tables will stop logging at 512 g/s or 67.7 lb/min worth of airflow. The key here is that it will stop logging but the MAF will continue to work past that point. Its a logging limitation with the VCM scanner PID channel.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    -Seems like this should be entering PE sooner than it is. The PE pedal settings might need to be lowered.
    -No wideband is being logged and you can not tune closed loop with a wideband in place of your 02 sensor. So, Either: Add your wideband to the logged channels and put the car into OPEN LOOP. OR: Put the 02 sensor back in and tune only part throttle using 02 sensor data.
    -You need to input the correct injector flow rate data. ID1050s flow over the flow rate tables 127lb/hr limit. You need to scale them. So, copy and paste the 50% scaled values from the ID spreadsheet. Then, multiply the stoich table by 2 and multiply the AFR Term table by 50%.
    -Re-tune starting with a stock MAF table. The current values seem way to high and are over HPT table limits at and above 14,000hz (this might contribute to P0103?). There is a smaller pulley but the MAF is in a larger tube. You could try a stock MAF table increased by 15% also.
    -P0068 tables as noted above may need to be tuned. Try to actually tune them and not just max them out.
    I finally got the wideband installed and logging. I've changed the injector values to what you stated. My question now is what values do i need to change on VCM Scanner? I did what you said and whenever i scanned it showed 50% rich. I chose to speed density tune the vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Try these settings:

You need to change your Boost Disable settings or you will hit the boost limit with the 2.38. It is under Engine>Torque Management>Supercharger

Also raise your MAP Estimation under Engine>Airflow>General

Just a few things I saw. I didn't go through the entire tune.
    I tried to tune the Airflow delta but I've exceeded the values on lb/hr. At 100% throttle it appears I'm flowing 5,200lb/hr, the max is 4063.5. Anyway to raise this?

Tuner in Training
    Would this be the correct math to correct for the doubled stoich? 100 * [50120] - ([50121]/2) / ([50121]/2)