Thread: 04GTOM6 help! need to know what get this thing in the right direction

Potential Tuner

04GTOM6 help! need to know what get this thing in the right direction

hello any help would be appreciated i did a cam swap on my 2004 GTO LS1 cam installed 227/234 600 111 lsa 109 inc..... it starts but running rich , surging, bucking, shuts off im new to tunning and vcm suite. can anyone help me get to get this thing to idle better . thanks in advance.
    start up and warm up recording on vcm.
    supporting mods
    LT headers
    3 inch dual to MGNF
    OTR intake

stock injectors
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cczuu48; 12-31-2021 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add tune file

Add a little base running airflow. Remove some fuel from the MAF curve and Primary VE table in the idle area's, like 3-5% at a time to see how it does. Smooth the tables when you do that so it's not are blocky/spikey.

Get a wideband o2 sensor so you know what the fueling is doing, it's a must have for tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

thanks for the pointers , im trying a buddys tune in my car but having high IAT

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Add a little base running airflow. Remove some fuel from the MAF curve and Primary VE table in the idle area's, like 3-5% at a time to see how it does. Smooth the tables when you do that so it's not are blocky/spikey.

Get a wideband o2 sensor so you know what the fueling is doing, it's a must have for tuning.
    having high iat and when i put my a/c the idle does up to 1500. what you think boss? im totally lost trying a buddys tune... at least with this tune it idles better
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cczuu48; 01-02-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do not use your buddies tune, use the tune you first posted. Adjust the tables 5FDP mentioned.

OTR does not seem to be doing you any good in that second log you posted. Put the stock airbox back on and/or find a way to fix your IATs.