Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: btr stg 2 cam 6.0 awd yukon

Tuner in Training

btr stg 2 cam 6.0 awd yukon

new to hpt and tuning. watching youtube videos for days trying to follow all the different tables and methods of tuning. not a big computer guy. installed btr stage 2 cam with springs on my yukon the other day and took a short log. truck feels like misses at idle. runs better if i keep it running for a while but trying to hunt for help, or tune that will get me from work and back with decent gas mileage. i might not be going about it the right way and the threads ive read show that there is people willing to point you in the right direction. this is data ive logged after cam swap 1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune used in that log.

Tuner in Training

initial tune from yukon

Senior Tuner
    Here's a few things that will help you get it going properly.

You've already got it running on MAF only, so that's a good place to start for a tuner in training.

1. Bump the idle speed. It's idling at 550 rpm once up to temp. I'd bump it up to 700 rpm. That'll give you a more stable idle and better vacuum as well. Just look for any number that's less than 700 rpm in the idle table and increase it to 700 rpm.
    2. Increase the minimum airflow table. The stock tune is around 6.25 g/s of min airflow at a warm idle. Make it 9 g/s minimum. Just increase any number that's less than 9, up to 9.0 g/s.
    3. Go to the Torque Management tab and increase the Abuse mode rpm to 7000.
    4. Also go to the Torque Management tab and increase the ETC TPS Max to 100 across the board. While you're there, change the ETC Injector Disable table to 255.
    5. Go to the Fuel tab and decrease the PE enable rpm to 2000. While you're there, decrease the HOT and Cold throttle PE tables to 50%. Also change the Min Torque PE enable to 70% instead of 100%.
    6. Go to the Engine Diag Tab and click the Misfire tab. Go through all of the misfire tables and look for any number that's less than 32767. If it's less than 32767, just multiply it by 2. That should eliminate your current P0300 DTC, and still maintain misfire detection.

There's a lot of other things that can be done as well, especially on the transmission side, but this will get you running and driving nicely.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    here's a few things that will help you get it going properly.

You've already got it running on maf only, so that's a good place to start for a tuner in training.

1. Bump the idle speed. It's idling at 550 rpm once up to temp. I'd bump it up to 700 rpm. That'll give you a more stable idle and better vacuum as well. Just look for any number that's less than 700 rpm in the idle table and increase it to 700 rpm.
    2. Increase the minimum airflow table. The stock tune is around 6.25 g/s of min airflow at a warm idle. Make it 9 g/s minimum. Just increase any number that's less than 9, up to 9.0 g/s.
    3. Go to the torque management tab and increase the abuse mode rpm to 7000.
    4. Also go to the torque management tab and increase the etc tps max to 100 across the board. While you're there, change the etc injector disable table to 255.
    5. Go to the fuel tab and decrease the pe enable rpm to 2000. While you're there, decrease the hot and cold throttle pe tables to 50%. Also change the min torque pe enable to 70% instead of 100%.
    6. Go to the engine diag tab and click the misfire tab. Go through all of the misfire tables and look for any number that's less than 32767. If it's less than 32767, just multiply it by 2. That should eliminate your current p0300 dtc, and still maintain misfire detection.

There's a lot of other things that can be done as well, especially on the transmission side, but this will get you running and driving nicely.
    thank you!!!

Gonna try a few if the advised adjustments on my truck, having similar issues , but 6.0 with 243s and ss2cam

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ehall8702 View Post
    Gonna try a few if the advised adjustments on my truck, having similar issues , but 6.0 with 243s and ss2cam
    Be sure to change the Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable down to 300 and Re-Enable to 200.
    You'll also want to increase the startup air flow by at lease 30-40 percent when warm.

The TM changes on his will not apply to yours.

Mine is a gen 4 just a converted lq4. You willing to check out a tune and log file? I wanna pay someone to dial it In for me , but I wanna learn and this motor kinda brokey wallet atm!

Attachment 116426
    Attachment 116427
    if u dont mind, really wanna drive mu truck, just stoked it runs atm...lots of hours and money into it
    think bank 2 o2 bad gonna change tomorrow and relog, what proper procedure for a log file? like whats best to do, idle till operating temp, then sweep throttle ?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ehall8702 View Post
    Attachment 116426
    Attachment 116427
    if u dont mind, really wanna drive mu truck, just stoked it runs atm...lots of hours and money into it
    think bank 2 o2 bad gonna change tomorrow and relog, what proper procedure for a log file? like whats best to do, idle till operating temp, then sweep throttle ?
    Just email me when you get ready. I have a calibration ready for you.
    [email protected]

Email sent

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Here's a few things that will help you get it going properly.

You've already got it running on MAF only, so that's a good place to start for a tuner in training.

3. Go to the Torque Management tab and increase the Abuse mode rpm to 7000.
    4. Also go to the Torque Management tab and increase the ETC TPS Max to 100 across the board. While you're there, change the ETC Injector Disable table to 255.
    5. Go to the Fuel tab and decrease the PE enable rpm to 2000. While you're there, decrease the HOT and Cold throttle PE tables to 50%. Also change the Min Torque PE enable to 70% instead of 100%.
    6. Go to the Engine Diag Tab and click the Misfire tab. Go through all of the misfire tables and look for any number that's less than 32767. If it's less than 32767, just multiply it by 2. That should eliminate your current P0300 DTC, and still maintain misfire detection.

thanks kevin87 that helps tho i couldnt find where to increase min airflow table.

Engine>Idle>Airflow>Base Running Airflow>Final Idle Airflow Minimum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    ive got engine>airflow>base running airflow but no "final airflow min" p59 computer not sure why but these values were raised to 9g/s on minimum side correct? also under fuel>PE>enable rpm tab is not there has delay table not sure if it is the same or reversed from enabled to delay?
    6.0 maf st1 kevin87.hpt
    Last edited by HotRod559; 01-01-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    made adjustments per kevin87turbot suggestions and yukon felt like it had a tad more get up. uploaded is tune with freeway pull with in town driving still learning bless me with info hahaha
    after kevtune freeway pull.hpl
    6.0 maf st1 kevin87.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod559 View Post
    made adjustments per kevin87turbot suggestions and yukon felt like it had a tad more get up. uploaded is tune with freeway pull with in town driving still learning bless me with info hahaha
    after kevtune freeway pull.hpl
    6.0 maf st1 kevin87.hpt
    That looks much better. It's still too lean. I'd recommend multiplying the entire MAF Calibration curve by 1.09 to get it close.

Tuner in Training
    right on!!!! ill load that up in the am and run it around. curious on ignition timing and if i should mess with it or what would be my next move would be on trying to get this this as mean as possible, without losing daily driving abilities. I appreciate your help

Senior Tuner
    What octane fuel are you using?

Tuner in Training
    89 pump gas

Senior Tuner
    The timing is plenty aggressive as it is.