Thread: completely different sound

completely different sound

so today i worked on a 14 camaro1 le package and the owner said that he put a texas speed stage 3 cam no cats. it sounded amazing...way louder than my 14 ss btr stage 2 with cats. Im thinking its the cats that make my car sound muffled. i have the solo catback with resonators no mufflers. camaro had mufflers but was louder still. Would high flow cats sound as good as no cats or closer to that unmuffled tinty crisp sound the camaro made?

I have a 14 camaro SS and it’s fully straight piped, if you want a nice pitch maybe add high flow cats but for my car I added a cold air intake and straight piped and it sound really aggressive.

No cats usually sounds like crap unless u got good mufflers on it. But to answer your question, high flow cats will sound better than stockers. If you don't need the cats for emissions , get rid of em and find a muffler that will give you the sound you are looking for. Atleast that's my opinion.

Not quite the same engine but close enuff u can hear the differences in cat/no cat and then muffler difference. Starts with cats and no muffler then progress to long tubes and all 3" thru TWO single chamber mufflers since it's a single 3" and my lady's I didn't want it obnoxious. Still sounds great I think, she gets compliments on it all the time.

https://youtu.be/nG8FnZfhCew