Thread: 3700 RPM Stall, only flashes up to 2500RPM. Something in my tune need adjustment?

3700 RPM Stall, only flashes up to 2500RPM. Something in my tune need adjustment?

Hi all,

Mod list:
    1970 Chevelle
    Vehicle weight approx. 3,700lb
    3.31 gears
    Stock 2005 4L80E
    Circle D 05D-12-05-2D-P 4L80 PRO SERIES SINGLE 258MM 2D-P 3700RPM
    All stock LQ4 besides Texas Speed Cam 3726/3730 115+4; 232/240 .595/.609 115 LSA
    VSR Next Gen 7875 Billet - 1.25ar Divided T4 14psi

I have an issue where, taking off from a dead stop, my RPMs jump to 2500RPM and then slowly climb (over 3 seconds) to 3500RPM. I bought a 3700 RPM converter, thinking that would solve most of the issue - but it did not, at all. The car acts exactly the same as it did before with a stockish/street converter. I can't even brake stall it much above 2500RPM.

Is there something in the transmission settings I need to adjust? Log and tune attached, video below
    Still Slow part 2.JPG
    Still Slow part 2.hpl
    Chevelle 12-10.hpt.

Here's a video. Note: My tachometer is off by 500RPM, that's why it looks like it starts at 2k RPM
    https://youtu.be/a1LOnsBy0G

Advanced Tuner
    I would try setting the tach resolutions to 3 for the tach issue.

I think with the 3.31 gear and turbo lag you just need more converter. Log looks OK...(I haven't looked in the tune yet)

I'd like to see a log longer than 5 seconds, and in something other than 1st gear from a dead stop. Something that will show the converter working and not other stuff in play. Like, lock it in 3rd gear at low speed, as slow as you can go (20 MPH?), then roll into it and run it up to 5000 or so, or at least above the stall speed (it will be obvious in the trace - flat line until it reaches the stall speed and then pick up and follow vehicle speed). 1st gear is not going to give you an accurate picture of the stall speed.

Your injector data is wrong - Flow Rate table is set up for return-style, Offset table is still set up for returnless.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I'd like to see a log longer than 5 seconds, and in something other than 1st gear from a dead stop. Something that will show the converter working and not other stuff in play. Like, lock it in 3rd gear at low speed, as slow as you can go (20 MPH?), then roll into it and run it up to 5000 or so, or at least above the stall speed (it will be obvious in the trace - flat line until it reaches the stall speed and then pick up and follow vehicle speed). 1st gear is not going to give you an accurate picture of the stall speed.
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Your injector data is wrong - Flow Rate table is set up for return-style, Offset table is still set up for returnless.
    I should have added in the 1st post - it is a boost referenced return style system on it. Damn, had no idea offset was setup for returnless. I'll get that fixed ASAP!!! I'm trying to figure out where to get the data that is for return style. I have attached the spreadsheet my fuel injector company sent me. Know where the data is? In the offest tab, I just see the values that I used
    FIC650CC-60LBBOSCHEV14LSXHPT.xlsx

Edit: I read up on it more.. I ended up taking my 0kpa column on the offset table and just pasting it to each column after it. I believe this is how it is supposed to be (new tune attached). Thanks!
    Chevelle 12-10 Need upload v2.hpt
    Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 12-14-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have the same converter and that is about all mine will do either. It overpowers the brakes after about 2500. My tune is right also. Ive seen it with +3k of slip, but never on a launch. Only on a roll punch.

Looks like adjust my timing DID do the trick. It shoots up to 3k rpm now, hits a wall - but I'm pretty sure that it is turbo lag now. Drives ways better

More torque will make the converter act looser, and you are not going to have a huge amount of torque, until a good amount of boost comes in, with a stock 6.0 and a cam that big. It would probably stall higher with a smaller cam - one that makes more tq below the peak.