Thread: hi, have not been here in years, need some help with ctsv gen 2 boost surging at WOT

Tuner in Training

hi, have not been here in years, need some help with ctsv gen 2 boost surging at WOT

good evening yall. have not been here in years, looking for a little help. so a buddy of mine has a gen2 v that has a very strange boost surge issue @ wot. car has a build motor, e85 , manual trans. it was tuned a year ago, at some shop far away. so here goes- when you go wot , it starts to build boost and what i can tell so far is the boost solenoid turns on a dumps the boost.. when the boost drops back to low 20ish, the actuator closes and it builds boost again, then dumps. cycle repeats. vehicle drives great besides that. can someone take a glance at this for me.. thanks

p.s car was fine for months after he got it back from the shop that built and tuned it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WIKU; 12-09-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WIKU View Post
    good evening yall. have not been here in years, looking for a little help. so a buddy of mine has a gen2 v that has a very strange boost surge issue @ wot. car has a build motor, e85 , manual trans. it was tuned a year ago, at some shop far away. so here goes- when you go wot , it starts to build boost and what i can tell so far is the boost solenoid turns on a dumps the boost.. when the boost drops back to low 20ish, the actuator closes and it builds boost again, then dumps. cycle repeats. vehicle drives great besides that. can someone take a glance at this for me.. thanks

p.s car was fine for months after he got it back from the shop that built and tuned it.
    Boost modulation it sounds like, the ecm has program settings to adjust this condition, you can even disable it all together. Read-up on it, I am still messing around with the settings myself, otherwise I would give you more direction.

Tuning Addict
    Under torque management - supercharger - boost control - raise map disable to 255 and enable to 254
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC