Thread: over 8000 on accident 2014 chevy ss cammed ls3

over 8000 on accident 2014 chevy ss cammed ls3

my hand was on shifter and accidently pulled back on it while power kicked in. it hit 8140.....oops8000 rpm.hpl

The issue will be with your tune - which you did not post.

Guessing you disabled (or overly adjusted) some of the Rev Limiter parameters - or perhaps these were never set correctly for your conversion vehicle from the outset.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    The issue will be with your tune - which you did not post.

Guessing you disabled (or overly adjusted) some of the Rev Limiter parameters - or perhaps these were never set correctly for your conversion vehicle from the outset.
    A rev limiter won't prevent over-revving the engine if you accidentally shift to the wrong gear.

Yea, a mechanical over-rev is entirely possible during a missed shift and there's nothing in the PCM or its tune that can prevent that problem.

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    A rev limiter won't prevent over-revving the engine if you accidentally shift to the wrong gear.

The ECM Rev Limiter (if properly configured) can absolutely control over revving the engine - if the shifter is accidentally knocked into the neutral position - which seems to be what the OP had described in post #1.

If a mis-shift happens - like accidentally down shifting from 6th to 2nd at 100 MPH - then kinetic / rotational energy will mechanically over rev the engine - which the ECM obviously cannot control. I did not interpret this scenario, as what had happened to the OP.

oh sorry just seen this reply and yes i did bump up the limiters a bit but have since put them back. here is my tune if you are interested. btr stage 2 n/a cam 225/238 620/605
    113+3 car runs great with stock converter got the dip when quickly stopping after normal take off figuered out wife is happy
    Attached Files Attached Files