Thread: Help with friends L99 6.2 E38 6l80 h/c fast lsxr102 / nw 102tb tune pleaseeeee

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Help with friends L99 6.2 E38 6l80 h/c fast lsxr102 / nw 102tb tune pleaseeeee

Have a buddy with a 1987 Monte Carlo Aero Coupe.

Put a L99 DoD/AFM delete -6l80 swapped into it and local tuner left him with a shit tune.

STFT / LTFT +/- 20% , stalls at lights, surges, idle hunts etc..

It has;
    L99 DoD/afm delete
    cam phaser locked
    PRC heads / Cam
    80lb injectors bosch
    LSXR 102 intake and nick williams 102MM throttle body
    headers, no cats , mufflers
    supposedly a circle D converter but I have my doubts
    car is on 93 octane no flex fuel at the moment.

has fuel pressure regulator but not sure on in tank pump size etc.

I attached the initial tune I pulled from car and attached a log of a short drive around neighborhood.

Car would chirp putting it into gear, would stall at stop signs and when hot would randomly start hunting the idle up and down at the end of the log.

While I was scanning and logging I *may have commanded a higher idle from the scanner and maybe reset LTFT/ or turned them and STFT off temporarily but you can see the issues.

The other tune and log is after I did some maf changes and tried to put lipstick on a pig trying to mix tune files a little bit.
    I read about setting up the Fast intake manifold and 102mm tb by changing the idle ETC area scaler to 7300 and the dynamic airflow volume to 796cu in which made a nice improvement.

My inability to find a stock tune file and implement changes for 80lb injectors, Fast 102 intake and , NW102 tb with a mild cam is frustrating me but I have a GenV LT so never spent much time on LS/L99 etc.

Would really appreciate someone willing to whip up something basic I can try out that keeps a lot of the stock ECM characteristics. Here is a short youtube clip of after I made some changes and forced closed loop.

Fueling is off and ordering a new map sensor for him and AEM 30-0334

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ez4FoogTwdQ