Thread: Question about MAF and PE

Potential Tuner

Question about MAF and PE

Hi.
    I got a truck I put a mild cam in and it should become a daily driver at somepoint. Im doing the tuning now and need some advice

The MAF question: So im thinking about lowering the High RPM Disable in Dynamic Airflow too 3000rpm so the car switch to maf at lower rpm. The stock settings is 4000rpm now
    Is this a bad idea?
    Reason for it is, where I live i have a really hard time getting date in speed density tuning above the 3000rpm.

And this leads too the Power Enrichment: I add to my scanner that is should show when that car is in PE. But i can't get the car to hit PE nomather how i driver where i live. Before i get so too the factors where it should engage i need to break for a turn.
    So should i just leave it as is or lower that?

Thanks for the advice

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Derer2 View Post
    Hi.
    I got a truck I put a mild cam in and it should become a daily driver at somepoint. Im doing the tuning now and need some advice

The MAF question: So im thinking about lowering the High RPM Disable in Dynamic Airflow too 3000rpm so the car switch to maf at lower rpm. The stock settings is 4000rpm now
    Is this a bad idea?
    Reason for it is, where I live i have a really hard time getting date in speed density tuning above the 3000rpm.

And this leads too the Power Enrichment: I add to my scanner that is should show when that car is in PE. But i can't get the car to hit PE nomather how i driver where i live. Before i get so too the factors where it should engage i need to break for a turn.
    So should i just leave it as is or lower that?

Thanks for the advice
    tune and or log will help you get answers

I see no problem lowering it to 3,000rpm.

You may need to venture farther away from home or find some backroads that are really unpopulated, maybe even a dead end road somewhere that you can get some full throttle pulls in. That would be best to get the fueling down for the whole rev range with your wideband o2 sensor.

Without seeing what your current PE settings are, for sure they should not be what the factory as set.

I would lower the throttle pedal enable to 60-65%, lower the rpm to 1,500rpm or lower and lean out the factory EQ ratio to around a 12.2 AFR for starters.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I see no problem lowering it to 3,000rpm.

You may need to venture farther away from home or find some backroads that are really unpopulated, maybe even a dead end road somewhere that you can get some full throttle pulls in. That would be best to get the fueling down for the whole rev range with your wideband o2 sensor.

Without seeing what your current PE settings are, for sure they should not be what the factory as set.

I would lower the throttle pedal enable to 60-65%, lower the rpm to 1,500rpm or lower and lean out the factory EQ ratio to around a 12.2 AFR for starters.
    Thanks for the replay.
    I will lower the rpm and test it, when i look for better roads to tune speed density.
    True i should maybe have posted my tune.
    I will try to low it and see if it kick in and also search for a guide so i will understad that part better.