Thread: Negative numbers for the INJ. TIP TEMP OFFSET table?

Advanced Tuner

Negative numbers for the INJ. TIP TEMP OFFSET table?

So I know about the rich after reflash tuning of this, thats not what I'm talking about here.

The issue is when the weather gets down in the low 40'sF, my ITT temps go below 100F. I tuned the car with ITTs about 122 which is 0.0000 on my table.
    Does anyone put -x.xxxx to combat the rich at colder temps? It really only richens it about 5% abouts, but I was just wondering.

Tuning VVE in open loop with WB, failed MAF. Fuel is a return system with mechanical regulator. 2014 camaro Zl1 E67 ecm
    cammed, headers, cai , injectors, pullies, ported 1.9L, 103NW,

Thanks,

Mark
    Last edited by marksrig; 11-16-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Senior Tuner
    i usually have the cell that it normally operates in at zero and maby cell above and after that if its getting hot and needs fuel ill start to add in, but on the other side if its in the cells below operating temps then u can have them add or remove if need be just remember it will also be using those cells for cold starts unless that needs lower also and works out will be fine

Senior Tuner
    I have negative numbers in my warm up cells. I'm pretty sure I'm just masking bad short pulse adder data but cbf sorting it out. Works well.

How i tuned it, on a cold morning, set up closed loop to enter as quick as possible when stable after start up. Log fuel trims against ITT. Adjust ITT so the fuel trims remain the same from cold to full operating temp.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    I have negative numbers in my warm up cells. I'm pretty sure I'm just masking bad short pulse adder data but cbf sorting it out. Works well.

How i tuned it, on a cold morning, set up closed loop to enter as quick as possible when stable after start up. Log fuel trims against ITT. Adjust ITT so the fuel trims remain the same from cold to full operating temp.
    Thank you, It's good to know I'm not crazy for thinking I could do it. I already have a scan setup for tracking ITT, but I use EQ Ratio Error setup to View Average vs. ITT...it seems to work. One thing I noticed though about it. The value in the cell can start out "+x.xxxx" , but by the time it moves up or down out of the cell, it'll change "-x.xxxx" or whatever. My point is values are changing in that window. Do you get that using the LTFT method of scanner setup?

cheers

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    i usually have the cell that it normally operates in at zero and maby cell above and after that if its getting hot and needs fuel ill start to add in, but on the other side if its in the cells below operating temps then u can have them add or remove if need be just remember it will also be using those cells for cold starts unless that needs lower also and works out will be fine
    I'll have to take a closer look at those cells at startup to be sure I wont be making it worse. One thing I'm going to try is moving the IVT GAING (GAS) to the left by one column. My ECTs is cooler in these temps when coming to an idle which is when this is happening mostly. (maybe the cooler ECTs lower IVTs at idle?) My ECTs usually run between 176-185F and the table is stock values. I can see when I'm using this table exclusively because commanded EQ is 0.999. The cell on the table for normal temps is 1.0010 so that makes sense. In the colder IVT column like 291*, it moves to 1.0630 so there's 6% right there.
    Hope i wrote that to make sense.
    Thank you for your suggestions.
    Last edited by marksrig; 11-17-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Using long terms is a good idea. To rule out changes in air flow, lock the idle rpm to a constant value in the scanner shortly after start up and go from there. I had a look at some of my idle logs last night, and +/-2% on the long terms during warm up (20 min log) is the best I could get it.