Thread: Knock in boost 3k-4k

Potential Tuner

Knock in boost 3k-4k

I?m running into knock in boost around 3-4.2k and I can?t seem to get it worked out. I?ve lowered the spark advance down to almost zero and it continues. Engine is an L9h with twins.

L9h 6.2 in a 2009 Escalade. 6l80 trans. Stock internals running 2 t04e 57mm turbos on stock flex fuel injectors and pump (fueling good for much higher than I?m taking it), running flipped truck manifolds with twin 50mm wastegates. A2a intercooler.

Knock sensors already desensitized, MAF tuning 98% done and VVE tuning maybe 40% done but the a/f numbers are mostly good.

She?s also good to go timing wise above 4.2k it?s just consistent with the knock between 3-4K any time it sees over 8-9lbs. Boost comes on around 2200

Heres a tune and two log files. One Log has the problem, the other doesnt and they were run within 5 minutes of each other:frontage rd morning 3 using maf only 76 tune.hpl

frontage rd mornng 2 - using maf only 75 tune.hpl

MAF only Tuning -76.hpt

G
    Last edited by ShartyMcQueef; 11-14-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Sounds like it could be a bad knock sensor(s) or wiring. Can you pinpoint the cylinder it’s coming from?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Sounds like it could be a bad knock sensor(s) or wiring. Can you pinpoint the cylinder it?s coming from?
    I can give it a shot. Is there a decent way to do that without pulling plugs? My exhaust routing makes removing plugs an event
    Last edited by ShartyMcQueef; 11-14-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Senior Tuner
    You can select individual knock cylinders form the scanner PID selector