Thread: Control Pack/Trans question

Control Pack/Trans question

We are installing a 2017 Ecoboost into a 1964 Lincoln Convertible. The donor engine/trans harness is a 2017 Expedition.
    My tech working on the fab suggested getting a control pack as it would be more stand alone for the engine, less headache for modifying the stock harness. So that is the route we took. He wasn't thinking about the trans portion. So he installed the control pack and wiring that came with it for the engine. Then he said the trans wiring is all on the other connector of the ecu. We can start the engine on the control pack. If I plug in the stock ecu it just makes relays click ( like a pinout, wiring issue). Both ECUs are TC-1797
    So long story short. Is there a way to program the control pack to operate the trans. Or a way to program the stock ecu with whatever os is needed to run the engine and trans with control pack engine wiring?
    I 99% tune GM so Im not familiar with what the protocols are for the ford stuff and changing OS's.

Thank you
    Chad Fegley
    The Shop Inc

I see that maybe I should have put this in the ecoboost forum. Sorry

Advanced Tuner
    As far as I know all of the ecoboost control packs specifically state they are for use with manual transmissions and you have to run a stand alone for the transmission. You can't use the stock PCM as a trans only controller, it relies on signals from the engine to tell it when to command shifts, trans pressure ETC.

USshift makes standalone trans controllers for the 6r80. If you have a 10r80 they claim they would be releasing something this year, call them.