Thread: 4.8L to LC8 6.0L Swap tune differences?

Potential Tuner

4.8L to LC8 6.0L Swap tune differences?

Have a 2015 Chevy Express Van that I just swapped a 6L into (for work) since GM is fresh out of 4.8L long blocks in my area. Any guidance as to what is going to be different in the tunes between the two. I know that the 6L90 is mated to either engine in this application so I don't think I'm going to need to change any trans maps. New to hp tuners and tuning in general so a base map would be sweet unless someone would like to give me a bit of a walkthrough. TIA

The timing tables for the VVT and the normal timing tables are different between the two. Idle settings, idle airflow and things like that are different. The fueling tables called VVE will be different as well. If the injectors have been changed, that will need updated.

It usually helps to take a stock 6.0 file and compare it to the 4.8 file you have. Then look at the differences. Might even be able to do a straight copy/paste with the entire engine section of the calibration to make it all work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I was able to find an l96 stock tune, since the lc8 is just a slightly stronger l96, valve seats and valves, would that be a safe bet as far as a stock tune for this engine?