Thread: LS2 Tuning

Tuner

LS2 Tuning

I am about to start tuning on my LS2. I have done a lot of LS1's and LS6's of all types, but this will be a first. It is an N/A big cam motor. What all should I focus on? I will have a wideband, but from some posts I read, I will need to scale VE by 1/4 %???

Also, BIG QUESTION...I DONT SEE a VE Table?????????????? In Airflow->General Airflow, the only options are MAF, Cracking VE, and Cyl Charge Temp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8490

E38/E67 pcm's don't have a standard VE table.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

and I would advise to stay away from who told you to scale your ve table 25%
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    and I would advise to stay away from who told you to scale your ve table 25%
    I meant mult by 1/4 % error instead of 1/2% error

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667

E38/E67 pcm's don't have a standard VE table.
    WOW, so you have to alter the Zone RPM Boundaries? i had no idea it was so different

ok 0.25*% error, that sounds a little better lol
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    ok 0.25*% error, that sounds a little better lol
    Yeah but I still dont see where to modify anything. All I see are these ZONE BOUNDARIES and ZONE MAPPING?

Quote Originally Posted by boostls2
    I am about to start tuning on my LS2.

Also, BIG QUESTION...I DONT SEE a VE Table?????????????? In Airflow->General Airflow, the only options are MAF, Cracking VE, and Cyl Charge Temp
    Couple of questions for you:

Do you have 2.1.14 or beta??
    Reason being it sounds as though you are looking at Gen Airflow and Dyn Airflow --- Next tab across is Speed Density which is what your after from memory didn't exist in 2.1.12 or earlier

Second question confirm it's an LS2 as in E40 PCM, because they are sort of in between the LS1 and the E38/67 when it comes to Speed Denisty tuning as they still have a conventional VE table listed right where you were looking.

The absence of this makes me think you are looking at a E38/67 PCM vice a E40 and if so see here

Hope that helps somewhat

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01

Reason being it sounds as though you are looking at Gen Airflow and Dyn Airflow --- Next tab across is Speed Density which is what your after from memory didn't exist in 2.1.12 or earlier

Second question confirm it's an LS2 as in E40 PCM, because they are sort of in between the LS1 and the E38/67 when it comes to Speed Denisty tuning as they still have a conventional VE table listed right where you were looking.

The absence of this makes me think you are looking at a E38/67 PCM vice a E40 and if so see here

Hope that helps somewhat
    Hmm...well I am not too familiar with the SD tab. Even with LS1's I would never touch the SD tab, just put the car in SD mode and tune via the VE table. What would I be focusing on in the SD tab?

Also, the car is a 2006 Corvette. It has an LS2 that has been bored to 7.0 Liter. It also has 42# injectors. Last night I threw in a base tune by just scaling for the injectors and scaled from 6liter to 7liter. The car would not start at all. They are thinking it has something to do with the crank position sensor not working right or something because it wont even fire. Any ideas? I dont think this is a tuning issue, but could it be? The car seriously will not even start for 1/2 second. All it does is ever few seconds it lets out a little pop/puff from the exhaust.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01

Hope that helps somewhat
    OK I just realized something. The 05 C6 vettes in fact DO have a Primary VE table. The 06's DO NOT. Although the VE table in the 05 uses different data, at least it is still available. There is no main VE table in the 06, it is just a big mess of new computer VE tables that is ridiculously hard to understand, very non-intuitive like in the link you posted. Damn what do I do?

Tune with the MAF tables just like the "good ol' days". (Or purchase Matlab and learn yet another piece of software! J/K )

I have tuned quite a few 06-07 Vettes without getting into the VE table. If my math skills were better, I would definitely try and tackle the VE/SD tuning.
    Always Support Our Troops!