Thread: Map Sensor Issues #55573248 Please help

Potential Tuner

Map Sensor Issues #55573248 Please help

Hi Guys,

I bought Hp tuners for my trans am some years back(2000 Ls1). I have since gotten a new project car. I've dropped in a custom built LS3 which has MAP Sensor #55573248 in the intake. I've scoured the web looking for MAP sensor calibration data and all I could find was .5-4.5V and 0-130 Kpa. I would think this should work. I've driven the car a bit and my MAP readings seem to be off. Sitting in the garage, my atmospheric pressure should read around 79Kpa( I live at 6700 ft elevation) and the Map reads 86Kpa. Also, when I back off the throttle the Kpa reads 0 and my ECU cuts fuel completely thinking I've got no air. Since this was a total custom build I'm running Holley terminator software for this particular build. Do i have the wrong calibration data or is there something I should be checking? I've gotten zero help in the Holley forum and I was hoping this forum would provide a bit more technical help.

I really hope someone has dealt with this issue before.

Thanks guys

That’s such a small change in map I wouldn’t worry, tune the VE on the Holley and be happy with it

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    It would seem livable but my concern is that the deceleration or high vacuum portion of my readings are way off thus creating havoc to my base fuel map tune. I don't like that the computer is cutting fuel for me without reason. I have a minimum injector pulse width set to 1 msec and it isn't actually providing that. There's also a fuel cut function I could enable or disable. I have it disabled currently. Does anyone else out there have 0 Kpa readings on deceleration? 0-30 Kpa area seems highly suspect to me.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/

Click on any of the blue part numbers and it will show the applications... pick an application that's likely to be found in the repository, say 2010-2015 Camaro. Go to the listings for one of those years and see which engine lists that part number - in the case of your 55573248, that would be a LS3/L99. Then go find a tune file from a car from one of those years with that engine and look up what it uses for linear/offset.

55573248 is 128.13/-0.31.

I would rig up a voltmeter onto the MAP signal wire and see what the actual voltage is when it's displaying 0kPa. That's not really a plausible MAP reading, so I'd be suspecting an intermittent connection issue.

Potential Tuner
    Dumb question coming. I don't have the Hp tuners software downloaded on my current computer yet. Is the repository only accessed through the software or on this forum?

Is that Kpa reading from 0-5V?

Sorry and thank you for that response. I really appreciate it.

https://www.hptuners.com/my-account/tunerepository/

GM uses 0-5v, MAPs are linear so should be simple to figure the mV per kPa if you need 0.5-4.5v.

Potential Tuner
    I can actually change it to 0-5V. Thank you this has been super helpful!

I've been digging around my hp tuners stuff and searching for my application key. Since I bought this a few years back its proving difficult to dig up all of my necessary info. Looks like my account has been forgotten on the website.