Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Wideband through EGR

Potential Tuner
    I am also using the beta,I just set it up last week using a/c pressure instead of egr.But it works great..

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, got it fixed on 2.22. still waiting on my beta download.

Advanced Tuner
    bump for making this a sticky

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20

birthplace of GM- Flint, MI where the water is heavy
    Doubt it will happen. It surprises me that the powers that be don't remove threads containing this info.

Tuner in Training
    Im trying to setup my wideband though the egr port blue connector pin 55. Im using a innovate mtx-l wide band. Iv also set everything up to a t per the specs I see on here. My mtx-l has 2 output one wide and a narrow. I have the wideband wired to pin55 and the egr enabled I. The tune. Im also logging egr position volts In The table.

Now anytime I enable the egr in the tune I start the car and it runs for about 6 to 10 secounds then the car dies.
    If I turn the egr back off it runs perfect.

Question 1: do I need to ground pin 41 on the blue pcm connetor to chassis?

Question 2: am I suppost to set the egrs up In the dtc list? If so what do I sent them to?

This is really odd. It wont run with egr enabled. This is a 2001 silverado 5.3l pcm with a 2 bar S.D. tune.

Senior Tuner
    Post the file, maybe there's something in the EGR tables that isn't zero'd out that's causing the engine to die.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Post the file, maybe there's something in the EGR tables that isn't zero'd out that's causing the engine to die.
    A tuner friend is having a quick look at it. I no longer am able to post tunes up all I have it a phone for internet.

Senior Tuner
    Oh ok. Check the EGR spark correction table and also the EGR Airflow table are zeroed out.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

I'm a little concerned that the ac sensor that is being used controls the fans and not the compressor. Can anyone verify what gets disabled

Senior Tuner
    Turning the AC off disables the compressor. In my car I also have to set the fan parameters so that they won't turn on while tuning, otherwise changes in AFR show up as pressure changes to the PCM and it will turn the fans on/off.

Senior Tuner
    When I'm done I just put the ac/fan settings back to stock.

So I cant permanently wire my wb this way and still use my ac. Why would anyone do this Instead of using the egr or fuel tank pressure?

Senior Tuner
    Some people don't want to run new wiring to the PCM in a vehicle that didn't come with EGR, and lots don't. I'm not sure if fuel tank pressure will have an effect on fuel trims.

If you're constantly tuning with the wideband maybe you're doing it wrong? I connect mine when I change something and I adjust the the accordingly, then I plug the AC back in. If I leave the wideband in the car it's just wasting the life of the sensor.

Potential Tuner
    first of all want to thank all the guys that have put very useful info on this thread it is awesome, I also made the mistake of not buying the pro version not knowing the difference in the two but thanks to this tread I can log afr adn afr error. I bought a custom made harness from Speartech and they make it to your specs, well needless to say it does not have ac or egr wires going to the pcm so I was able to hook up my wb to the egr input by using the 55 pin for the wb output and 41 pin to the wb ground both on the blue connector of the pcm. As for the wires I was able to get my hands on a cut up harness and just pulled 2 wires that connect to the pcm and pushed them into my harness at pin55 and 41.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Some people don't want to run new wiring to the PCM in a vehicle that didn't come with EGR, and lots don't. I'm not sure if fuel tank pressure will have an effect on fuel trims.

If you're constantly tuning with the wideband maybe you're doing it wrong? I connect mine when I change something and I adjust the the accordingly, then I plug the AC back in. If I leave the wideband in the car it's just wasting the life of the sensor.
    I see. That is for a temp install just to tune. Mine is an A-pillar gauge that will stay on the car.
    And yes, thank all of you for sharing this info. My first attempt at WB tuning is about to begin.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment...1&d=1395788612

Senior Tuner
    Well, when you're tuning, you can log it. When you're just using it for the gauge, you can unhook it and plug the AC back in.

Tuner in Training
    I have read the this thread a couple times and I still have not figured out what wire on the MTX-L to connect to the PCM EGR. Since I have this in a swapped car I am not using down stream O2s so can I somehow connect the wide band to one of those PCM circuits?

Works Great! Thanks for the info guys! Did this on my 98 silverado. Had a little trouble till I realized you need to have egr voltage and commanded afr in the "table" section of the scanner... Again thanks I dont think I could have come up with the proper equations myself!

Even now I sometimes forget the procedure to get into the equations to modify them so I made these notes:

PID's

You must work from the table. Not the histogram settings.

In order to change a value, (sometimes you must first delete the PID from the table to get access to the equation inside the configure user defined parameters tab when you finally get there), click insert somewhere in the table.

Double Click configure user defined. Make your changes. Close window and save. Go back to table and add newly changed pid or it will not appear in the scan.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj6 View Post
    Man finally a question you stumped me with! I got your email, but custom PIDs are not my fav thing in the world! I am logging through the enhanced version so I have never had to deal with this. There are a bunch of guys on here who have though, just sit tight and they will get ya goin.
    Headers scavenge the cylinders better helps with pre ignition
    Stroker's baby!