Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wideband through EGR

Tuner in Training
    alrigh, so, i just need the PID of the wb, and wb error correct. once i get back at the house tonight, i will get them together and go from there, thanks for the help so far 5 liter eater

Pretty much yea. You need to have the EGR or AC volts (depoending on what you're using) as well as commanded AFR in the table. This is so your user defined PID equations can have something to work with. Then you create the user defined PIDs for WB AFR and AFR Error and set up your histos to plot those against the VE and/or MAF tables. Dont forget to define your user defined PID for WB AFR as an air fuel ratio sensor.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old thread, but DO NOT copy/paste the formulas into your custom PID, They won't work. Manually type them in.

I'm not sure why they won't work if copy/pasted, but I think it's a similar issue that you get when you copy/paste numbers from a website or word doc into an excel spreadsheet. The numbers are read as text and not numbers which will cause your formulas not to work.

I had the same issue as the person posted above where the histograms wouldn't work. I originally copy/pasted the formulas and it didn't work. When I manually typed in the formulas everything started working.

Advanced Tuner
    Which of the wires does the wideband get spliced into on the egr/ac?

Tuner in Training
    so how does the wideband input get transmitted to the hp tuners software?
    do you need to splice into the wideband harness as well as the engine harness?

The wire that would feed back EGR position or AC pressure gets cut and the output of the wideband gets connected to that wire back to the PCM. So the PCM thinks whatever the wide band is putting out is the EGR or AC pressure. Then you just log the EGR or AC voltage PID and create custom PIDs to turn that voltage into an AFR.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    I'm pretty sure I have everything lined up correctly, as far as the PIDs go and logging the voltage. But I just need to know which wire it is that you need to splice into for the egr or a/c. Also, neither one of these need to be operational for this correct?

Tuner in Training
    do all widebands work within a 0-5V range?
    which wire on the egr do i splice into?
    did i make a bad choice by not getting the pro version for street tuning?

Voltage and AFR range vary by manufacturer and are often configurable. The equation you need is on the first page.

EGR and AC wire vary by vehicle. WB output goes into the AC or EGR voltage input to the PCM.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    thank you...
    i have an innovate lm2. is this a good wideband?

For accuracy it's good but many have found that the Innovate products are not very reliable. Configs get lost and/or the controller will not accept a new config.

The current best would have to be the NGK AFX.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    For accuracy it's good but many have found that the Innovate products are not very reliable. Configs get lost and/or the controller will not accept a new config.

The current best would have to be the NGK AFX.
    is the price comparable? i paid nearly 500 for this one out the door from jegs...if the ngk piece is better i will return the innovate piece in exchange for the ngk....

The LM's are self contained so they are easy to use on multiple vehicles. If that is not important to you and it's still brand new in the box I would consider swapping it for an NGK AFX which is ~$260'ish.

Honestly I have not heard much if anything about the new LC-2 and LM-2 controllers. I'm just speaking from what I've seen/heard about the LC-1 and LM-1's.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13MN View Post
    Man, you rock... thank you SO much, I really appreciate the help and step by steps (with screenshots).

Now that I've read it I'm going to try it.

Ok, here it is... I 'think' I got it

Did this cfg work with the plx wideband going through the egr?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rey View Post
    Did this cfg work with the plx wideband going through the egr?
    follow it closely and it works...it's like math, one variable off and it won't work.
    2002 6.6 TR6060 ZO6 (520Whp)
    2014 Audi S7 (730whp)

It's not specific to any wideband. Just follow the formula depending on how you have your PLX configured.
    Bill Winters

Senior Tuner
    Does the 0411 PCM have any other 0-5V inputs that I'm unaware of? For example, could I use the transmission fluid temperature input? Is there an oil temp input thats unused like the old 8051 PCM's had?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Does the 0411 PCM have any other 0-5V inputs that I'm unaware of? For example, could I use the transmission fluid temperature input? Is there an oil temp input thats unused like the old 8051 PCM's had?
    I am using the fuel tank pressure. PID.6420

Senior Tuner
    Cool. I think I'll wire mine up to something that isn't currently in use just so that I'm not disabling something else. My car is a stick, so there's lots of spare auto trans stuff...I believe that the auto trans temp sensor signal is C2 pin 51 (Red 51) at the PCM...of course though, if it's not a sensor the vehicle would have had in the first place, the factory service manual doesn't say what the pin might be used for...so there are quite a few labelled "unused" in the pinout description.

Tuner in Training
    I swapped out a 97 for an 02. I didn't have fuel pressure sensor in my tank.