Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra LC9 left half tuned- now I'm on my own

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SantafeNoob View Post
    Ok, now that "68Formula" pointed out that my low cam table is stock. Will I be losing any power if I swap TSP table?

When this table is referenced the cam is Retarded correct? So that will have an effect on my overall timing?

Also
    How can I take TSP's table, which is a text doc, and place it into HP Tuners table? Do I insert cell by cell?
    Thanks

Cut & Paste worked, who would have thought. At this rate I'll have this tuning thing licked, in a year.
    Yes, it's retarding the cam from it's parked position. Unlikely you'll see any gains from running more than what's in their table, as they likely did the dyno sweeps to determine the optimum torque for each rpm/load to create it. May effect timing, since it's impacting VE.

Make sure you copy/paste it to the medium and high tables as well. Retarding the cam reduces exhaust piston to valve (PTV) clearance. Luckily it didn't seem to be enough in your case to cause contact in combination with the larger camshaft. I'm referring to the cruise and part load sections of the factory table where it's double digits.
    Last edited by 68Formula; 10-29-2021 at 10:06 PM.

I broke my tune

Ok, so I changed my VVT Intake cam LOW, MED, HIGH tables to TSP's recommended.

I figured I need to start over with the MAF tune. Well that was a disaster. So I figured the VVE table was to far off, so I tried that.

On both, with their respective settings, I ran up between 100-200 lean. After removing the brick from my pants, I added fuel. That did
    little if anything. After a few hours of adjustments, and still no progress, I'm back to plead with the HP Tuners guru's for suggestions.
    I flashed the first Tune with TSP Tables back in. So with the VVT cam tables changed and the ecm controlling the fuel the drive home had the trims "almost" perfect.
    Attached Files Attached Files