Thread: E92 Write Service Needed

Tuner in Training

E92 Write Service Needed

Is anyone here able to help me out and flash a couple ECU's for a VIN write service for me on a few e92 junkyard ECU's I have for say a 2019 Yukon? Going to use them for a few standalone projects. Thanks
    Last edited by K-fed; 10-07-2021 at 02:10 PM.

For Gen 5 conversion projects, I use 2014 or 2015 E92 ECM operating systems only - they are far more user friendly. As an example - these operating systems will control standard automotive relays for the cooling fan(s) - no need for any additional PWM inline module.

For 2017+ engines, this approach does require changing the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor.

Just my two cents.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    For Gen 5 conversion projects, I use 2014 or 2015 E92 ECM operating systems only - they are far more user friendly. As an example - these operating systems will control standard automotive relays for the cooling fan(s) - no need for any additional PWM inline module.

For 2017+ engines, this approach does require changing the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor.

Just my two cents.
    I'm new to the Gen 5's for standalone operation. This is an L86 with the 10 speed auto. I thought that might be the best route would be using the same OS and ECM TCM as what it came with. Am I able to use a 2014 or 2015 to mesh with the 10 spd? I know that module will need sent in and unlocked. I'm using a PWM fan so that part hopefully won't give me much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by K-fed View Post
    ... Am I able to use a 2014 or 2015 to mesh with the 10 spd? ...
    No sir.

Again, my two cents - the 8-speed and the 10-speed automatics in a conversion vehicle (Hotrod) are more trouble than they are worth.

The 6L80 / 6L90 is the easiest transmission to work with, features decent gear ratios, and is proven reliable.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    No sir.

Again, my two cents - the 8-speed and the 10-speed automatics in a conversion vehicle (Hotrod) are more trouble than they are worth.

The 6L80 / 6L90 is the easiest transmission to work with, features decent gear ratios, and is proven reliable.

I appreciate your knowledge on the subject Shrek. Can you enlighten me on the troubles with these transmissions besides not having the right rear gears can cause lots of problems with these? I'm always up for a new challenge. Thought I'd leave the stock 2.73 gearing which should put it real close to the factory settings with the tire size differences.

Have a few 6 speeds already in the LS platform but not the LT and wanted to try a 10 speed out. Was tossing around the idea of going the GMPP route but thought I'd try a factory setup first for the PWM ability.