Thread: VVE Zones

Tuner in Training

VVE Zones

Hey everyone, Im starting to tune my turbo LS swapped BRZ and need some input on the VVE zones.

I have a 5.3 with a 7875 turbo, a decent cam, ID1000s and dorman intake manifold. I was wondering what people do with the VVE zone boundaries if anything at all.

I cant find where I read it, but I heard if you evenly break up the VVE zones throughout, it can help or run zl1 zones. Im new to VVE so Im still learning.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    For instance

VVE.PNG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lsbrz; 10-07-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Good question. Can't answer exactly it but can add a bit to see if it might assist your decision.

If we think about where the car will spend most of its time, that is where you want the extra resolution.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    ive found keeping them even across your map range keep the calculation very close, so when u have a nice smooth vve and then calculate coefficients it stays about exactly the way it is

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    ive found keeping them even across your map range keep the calculation very close, so when u have a nice smooth vve and then calculate coefficients it stays about exactly the way it is
    You mean like in the pic?

Tuner in Training JustinWhiteTuned's Avatar
    what OS are you using for this?

Tuner in Training
    Stock OS from a 2010 Van I believe. Didn?t have any custom OS?s available for it.

Yes, I typically adjust the top end of MAP breakpoints in VVE to allow a "boosted zone" instead of the OEM 90-105kPa range. Lots more on our VVE calibration approach in our formal training video:

https://cartrainingonline.com/course...-ve-explained/

Tuner in Training
    Great, I will probably buy that course soon. So would you say the pic I posted is on the right track?

Thanks