Thread: Idle Tuning with NW 102mm DBW

Potential Tuner

Idle Tuning with NW 102mm DBW

I could really use some help here. Been beating my head against the wall for a few days now. Build is a 2005 Silverado with a built 416, FAST 102 Intake and NW102 DBW TB. I am at my wits end getting this thing to idle and rev up. I have gone through the internet every night working through the ETC Scalar but I have to add so much airflow to the RAF tables to maintain idle. When I blip the throttle itll rev up and just immediately die. I hope someone can look through the tune and help me see where i might have gone wrong and help point me in the right direction. Thank you for any and all insight.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Goto Airflow (tab) > Electronic Throttle > and on that section, copy Desired Throttle Area Normal and paste that WHOLE TABLE into Desired Throttle Area Alternate, flash it, and then report back. This will be a yes or no fix. Base airflow and scalar should be set back to reality at the same time.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Most the time with super higher RAF numbers and the ETC scaler is adjusted 7200 or similar place the ETC back to the stock and the RAF will become lower and more accurate

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Evening, I went ahead and did as suggested and it still does the same thing. Is there any way to test the throttle body to see if there is something wroong with it? Ive tuned for larger TBs before and have never had this much drama

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Most the time with super higher RAF numbers and the ETC scaler is adjusted 7200 or similar place the ETC back to the stock and the RAF will become lower and more accurate
    This is GenIII stuff, so ETC scalar is different.

Quote Originally Posted by dylweed89 View Post
    Evening, I went ahead and did as suggested and it still does the same thing. Is there any way to test the throttle body to see if there is something wroong with it? Ive tuned for larger TBs before and have never had this much drama
    You may have an air leak. Check that first.

[QUOTE=Pekka_Perkeles;665052]This is GenIII stuff, so ETC scalar is different.

Yup haha, had gen 4 on my mind

14 Gen 5 Viper

Potential Tuner
    One of the first things I did was check for an air leak. Unfortunately there wasnt one. I just installed a LS3 throttle body and scaled it accordingly, same issue. Starts and immediately dies unless i crank the RAF numbers and scalar to unreasonable values. Everytime I flash it I also lose connection with the TAC module code which throws it into Reduced Engine Power and a "battery not charging" indicator on, which is weird because the voltage is reading 14.0v when its running.

Just clear DTCs before starting some of these OS will get a throttle actuator code and be in REP upon flashing

14 Gen 5 Viper

Potential Tuner
    Sorry I should have added that if I clear the DTCs i dont have another issue with it until I rewrite.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dylweed89 View Post
    Sorry I should have added that if I clear the DTCs i dont have another issue with it until I rewrite.
    That's a very common issue on the P59 computers. Just clear the DTC's each time and you'll be fine.