Thread: 2013 silverado E38, runs very lean until reaches oper temp

Potential Tuner

2013 silverado E38, runs very lean until reaches oper temp

Currently MAF tuning OL. This is my first time tuning and this E38 makes me fell like ive jumped in the deep end holding a cinderblock. The truck runs 15% lean after startup times out, and then approaches stoich as the engine reaches normal operating temp. The cycle is unaffected by ambient temp, its the same if it 60 or 100 degrees outside. At operating temp the truck idles great and the WB is showing +- 2% idling and driving. I have spent hours searching and havent found a similar problem with the e38 to reference for info. I have tried adjusting Inj flow rate VS IAT and it had no effect on the problem. I have also read lots of post about cylinder charge bias and they all reference IAT vs ECT, and the closest table i have is cylinder charge temp which is MPH vs KPA and i dont understand the correlation. Can someone please point me to correct table(s) to modify.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DallasC; 09-11-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Any advise? I need all the help i can get.

It's been 4 whole hours and no answer??! You should demand a refund!

Potential Tuner
    LOL I know i was hoping it was something obvious that everyone else knew about.

Advanced Tuner
    Your injector tip temp table is zeroed out. Put it back to stock, start over and only make fueling adjustments below tip temp correction. That's where I'd start.

Potential Tuner
    offset vs inj temp? i compared to my stock file and it was zeroed as well, any suggestions on starting data for this?

That tune file is about 98% the same as my old 2012 stock file. I honestly never logged my wideband error while in warm up because I knew it was never a problem.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Is this something i should ignore and move onto the SD tune. I will be running blended? (factory) format, i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt going to damage the engine or the cats.

Is this thing modded a lot or is it stock?

It's not going to hurt anything the way it is. With some PE changes and transmission tuning that thing will be a whole lot better to drive.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It is a LC9 with a DOD delete. I used a L96 cam to keep the vvt, and added a cold air intake.

Potential Tuner
    I have been apprehensive of messing with the tranny tune but I do hate the way it shifts.

You are more than welcome to use settings for the engine and transmission from my 2012 truck.

After doing transmission changes to pressures or adaptive settings you will need to reset them after flashing the tune and prior to starting the truck. Do the flash, open the scanner and start a new log, open the special functions and transmission tab. Click reset then preset for the adapts and start the truck. It will relearn the new settings and might shift a little funky for a few minutes but that is normal.

Shift times and mph changes, minor pressure and on-coming pressure changes do a lot for how it drives as well as turning off the torque converter for gears 1-4. It saves the TC from lots of wear as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 5FDP; 09-11-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much. I have already had to replace the trans and it shifts worse than the original.

No problem, I just edited that tune to fix something. It's all good now.