Thread: Engine>Torque Model>Torque Coefficients>EQ Ratio

Tuner in Training

Engine>Torque Model>Torque Coefficients>EQ Ratio

For year 2021 I added E85/Flex Fuel, ID1050X injectors and additional boost to my 2006 Corvette E-Force (12lbs of boost-2,75" pulley at 8,000 feet). To accommodate the new configuration I began tuning, following the Tuning School Advanced Tuning School procedures, Scaling the tune for injectors that exceed maximum allowed size. Unable to get the car tuned properly myself, following tuning school procedures and their tech support help, I took my Corvette LS2 to a tuner with dyno to complete the tuning process. My tuner doubled the MAF low and high tables, doubled the stoich AFR table and made minor but needed adjustments to the ID1050X injector data, idle airflow, spark, etc. The Vette runs well on the Dyno and drives quite well at part throttle but at the drag strip, when going WOT, the rpm's will rise from 1.5K to 1.7K, then drop back to 1.4K and climb from there, hitting the rev limiter for 2nd to third gear shifts (6L80E). When following the Advanced Tuning School guide I made changes to the Torque Coefficients, EQ Ratio table, Increasing the values to the entire table by 1.86 or the inverse of the injector flow rate calculation for scaling the ID1050X injectors. Could this table be at the root of my tip in, WOT and shifting problems. Should I return the EQ Ratio table to OEM values or should I adjust it down as the Stoich AFR was doubled? In searching for an answer, I have not found where the Torque Coefficients EQ Ratio was adjusted up or down or even mentioned when scaling a tune other than the tuning school process. Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    It could absolutely be the cause of those issues. Are you logging engine torque?

Tuner in Training
    I log Delivered Engine Torque which starts at 581 ft.lbs. at 1,800 rpm launch and jumps to 640 ft.lbs. 1 tenth of a second later and stays there throughout the pass.

Advanced Tuner
    If you guys just doubled stoic and halfed the ifr (and half ivt terms) you shouldn't have to scale the torque model/maf/map.

Tuner in Training
    We did as you stated and I will turn the Torque Coefficient EQ Ratio back to OEM gen 4 values and see what that does. Hopefully it will fix my issues. Back to the track on the Wednesday the 15th for test and tune. Will report back on my results.