VMP Triple Pass Dual Fan Heat Exchanger
    VMP 120 mm Cold Air Intake
    VMP Twinjet 69 mm Throttle Body
    Ford Performance 56# Injectors
    VMP PNP Fuel Pump Booster
    JBA Long Tube Headers (catless)
    Flowmaster Outlaw Cat-Back Exhaust
    Mantic Ceremetallic Twin Disk Clutch
    Car is tuned to run on 93 octane which is all I've ever put in it. Tune was done by VMP themselves.

Car has run great up until installing the supercharger. Cat-back didn't really make any difference in how the car ran, next were the LT Headers+tune for catless and never had any issues with it. But once the supercharger got installed and the tune was done (originally dyno tuned) it was nothing but problems. On the drive home, the car started acting weird with a very erratic idle and AFR that was all over the place - eventually went into limp mode and I got it home. Turned it off & let it sit, tested it a couple more times (each new start up the limp mode / CELs were gone, but they came back on after driving). Got it retuned by the same guy and it behaved okay for awhile, but eventually went back to doing what it was before. Except now instead of limp mode, what would happen is the engine would suddenly shut off after coming to a stop or in low RPM/low speed situations. I datalogged and got it over to Joe at VMP (lead calibrator if I'm not mistaken) and he's been super helpful, sent me a new tune which I loaded up and the erratic idle / dying was immediately resolved. But my problems aren't. The car has extremely lean LTFTs which seem to get worse at higher RPMs and better at idle/low RPMs. I was datalogging and attempted a WOT in 2nd gear to send, but at the top of the pull the wrench light came on and my car went into some kind of protective mode (wasn't limp mode, I believe it was FMEM). I have a log of me cruising the day after this happened where you can see the trims. The fuel system also seems to run in "CL - Fault" status (I'm assuming this has to do with a pending/stored LTFT Bank 2 Lean code). Car's been throwing all kinds of codes now. Lean codes and cylinder misfire codes. The random cylinder misfire almost always pops up, lately Cylinder 1 has also been identified but I've seen Cylinder 3 & Cylinder 5 (these aren't all on the same bank are they?). When the car originally freaked out after the 2nd gear WOT pull, I got some other codes but my scanner didn't save them (for some reason it shut off). I believe one of them was TPS Signal Out of Range or something like that. I've sent this log back to VMP and I'm sure Joe will have some idea of what to do next or what's going on, but I wanted to see what others are thinking since I may not hear back from VMP until tomorrow or Wednesday due to the holiday. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    without seeing the actual tune its hard to help

the log is one of the worst i have ever seen, hard to VMP let you take it home like that
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cantseemtosleep View Post
    This is a one owner car with about 13k on the odometer. Mods below

VMP 2.65 Odin Supercharger
    VMP Triple Pass Dual Fan Heat Exchanger
    VMP 120 mm Cold Air Intake
    VMP Twinjet 69 mm Throttle Body
    Ford Performance 56# Injectors
    VMP PNP Fuel Pump Booster
    JBA Long Tube Headers (catless)
    Flowmaster Outlaw Cat-Back Exhaust
    Mantic Ceremetallic Twin Disk Clutch
    Car is tuned to run on 93 octane which is all I've ever put in it. Tune was done by VMP themselves.

Car has run great up until installing the supercharger. Cat-back didn't really make any difference in how the car ran, next were the LT Headers+tune for catless and never had any issues with it. But once the supercharger got installed and the tune was done (originally dyno tuned) it was nothing but problems. On the drive home, the car started acting weird with a very erratic idle and AFR that was all over the place - eventually went into limp mode and I got it home. Turned it off & let it sit, tested it a couple more times (each new start up the limp mode / CELs were gone, but they came back on after driving). Got it retuned by the same guy and it behaved okay for awhile, but eventually went back to doing what it was before. Except now instead of limp mode, what would happen is the engine would suddenly shut off after coming to a stop or in low RPM/low speed situations. I datalogged and got it over to Joe at VMP (lead calibrator if I'm not mistaken) and he's been super helpful, sent me a new tune which I loaded up and the erratic idle / dying was immediately resolved. But my problems aren't. The car has extremely lean LTFTs which seem to get worse at higher RPMs and better at idle/low RPMs. I was datalogging and attempted a WOT in 2nd gear to send, but at the top of the pull the wrench light came on and my car went into some kind of protective mode (wasn't limp mode, I believe it was FMEM). I have a log of me cruising the day after this happened where you can see the trims. The fuel system also seems to run in "CL - Fault" status (I'm assuming this has to do with a pending/stored LTFT Bank 2 Lean code). Car's been throwing all kinds of codes now. Lean codes and cylinder misfire codes. The random cylinder misfire almost always pops up, lately Cylinder 1 has also been identified but I've seen Cylinder 3 & Cylinder 5 (these aren't all on the same bank are they?). When the car originally freaked out after the 2nd gear WOT pull, I got some other codes but my scanner didn't save them (for some reason it shut off). I believe one of them was TPS Signal Out of Range or something like that. I've sent this log back to VMP and I'm sure Joe will have some idea of what to do next or what's going on, but I wanted to see what others are thinking since I may not hear back from VMP until tomorrow or Wednesday due to the holiday. Thanks
    Just looking at your datalog real quick the trims are all over the place, at 2,338rpm your LTFT are 21%. then at marker 23.24.49 2,245rpm LTFT 28.9% it looks like you got off throttle and jumped back into acceleration. unless you have serious vacuum leak some where, I would look at the your MAF.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    without seeing the actual tune its hard to help

the log is one of the worst i have ever seen, hard to VMP let you take it home like that
    The kit was not installed by VMP or tuned by VMP at that point in time. He had the kit installed and tuned at a shop local to him.

Advanced Tuner
    Somethings definitely wrong with bank 2. Bank 2 is causing the open loop fault. When it faults, bank 2 uses bank 1's corrections and adjusts both banks as one unit. Bad o2 or a vacuum/exhaust leak.

Tuner in Training
    OP did you cut your oxi sensors for the longtubes or did you buy extensions? post your tune.

Potential Tuner
    OP was this resolved? Do you have any more info on this? I'm experiencing the same issues. Please let us know what updates you have.