Thread: Ltb2 25+ please help me

Potential Tuner

Angry Ltb2 25+ please help me

Attached is the log of my 2010 5.3 at idle. Lt B1 stays put in the green zone or -24.2 and does not move. Now LT B2 is all the way to the top, in red, art -26.6. Now, consequently, at the same time, the truck starts idling very rough. The rpms fluctuate at idle, as well as under acceleration. This is paired with the rough shifting f the transmission, both which worked flawlessly before noticing this discrepancy in the VCM Scanner. I am not tuning my own truck. I have a tuner, who is doing a very good job, but one night i got off of work, started the truck, and here we are. It ran amazing before, and between that time and my shift at work, nothing on or in the truck was touched. Any ideas?? Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys.
    possible misfire scan.hpl

Mass Airflow of 8.5 g/s on a 5.3L that idles at ~35KPA, that's not right. If the MAF is reporting it's using a lot more air than it really is, and the ECM adds fuel to suit, but the O2s say 'whoa dude, that's rich!' the trims will pull more and more fuel until it runs out of adjustment.

Do the trims start to head back down if you hold it at a steady ~2000 RPM?

No tune file, no vehicle info or description of what's done to it, not nearly enough channels logged, no logs while driving, not even anything that's non-idle in park. That makes it really hard to say anything more.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Mass Airflow of 8.5 g/s on a 5.3L that idles at ~35KPA, that's not right. If the MAF is reporting it's using a lot more air than it really is, and the ECM adds fuel to suit, but the O2s say 'whoa dude, that's rich!' the trims will pull more and more fuel until it runs out of adjustment.

Do the trims start to head back down if you hold it at a steady ~2000 RPM?

No tune file, no vehicle info or description of what's done to it, not nearly enough channels logged, no logs while driving, not even anything that's non-idle in park. That makes it really hard to say anything more.
    Should I clean the MAf and start there? I will get a log while driving soon.

Sure, just fiddle with it until it runs better. Or you could provide some information so that you can get reality-based recommendations instead of guesses.