Thread: Need some expertise help

Tuner in Training

Need some expertise help

How can i tell if the PCM/TCM lost files . I can connect with the scanner an then switch over to editor to do a read an all i get is the FPM an no hint of PCM/TCM . I figure the PCM is fine just the files are gone except FPM which is puzzling how can i confirm this ? I have a post over in general info an tips an not getting much in replies maybe i posted it in the wrong area .

Every time I switch from scanner to editor, I have to unplug the hdmi plug from the computer and then plug it in again.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Yes i tried that already still no luck , pretty sure those files are gone . I can see the MPVI2 blinking when trying to read so that makes me believe it is connected . I can download a stock file an flash it but i want to make sure first because once i do it the original is gone if not already . Thanks

Tuner in Training
    OH Boy here is a valuable lesson to be learned . I did a DOD/AFM/VVT delete and never had all the sensors totally done an trying to read my ECM at the same time that is a big NO NO at least in my case . Once i had everything complete it did start and it did read the stock tune was that a big relief !!! Thanks to all that helped an now on the tune .

Potential Tuner
    I am green as can be but I have a similar setup that had similar issue and modifying the throttle follower torque table helped mine. you will need to add a pid to the scanner for engine torque so you see your torque at whatever your idle speed maybe just be sure that your torque table and scanner are both the same unit of measure. got he info on what to do here https://vcmstore.com.au/blogs/news/g...7-idle-control

Tuner in Training
    Humm that was a good read , i will try that a bit later . (:

Tuner in Training
    Hey DallasC worked out just fine read my other post (: