Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Tune - Car Won't Attempt to Crank

Potential Tuner
    My wiring guy and I worked today and solved the issue, the no start issue "IS" the Starting Logic programing like VEEEFOUR said. I think Ford puts it in the logic to try and keep people from changing things like programing new files! I am not a wiring expert, but my wiring guy and I figured out that in the stock tune from FRPP and following its wiring diagram it works, put a new tune in it and it would not fire, changed the firing logic so we wired a positive lead to the "Key On" to the Hot+ on the clutch relay that stays hot and then the Truck fired right up with the new file tune. SO basically, now it starts not only with the Basic FRPP Stock File but my new adjusted HP File with the constant hot I am a happy Ford Man now.
    Bear Becker

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lee82 View Post
    This is with a FRPP control pack Coyote swap. Car has been running and driving fine for a while on the factory calibration.

This was my first time using HP Tuners, so I go through the creating VIN (because these ECU's dont have one) and be sure to pick the TC-1791 ecu, everything goes fine there. I read the ecm and saved it. I copied the file to edit it, made a few changes to idle rpm just to start small, and after I write calibration (again, no issues), turn the car off and back to start, the car will no longer attempt to crank.

I can connect and see channels just fine in the VCM scanner and I can even see the "start request" go from off to on when I hit the start button. I added "crank request" to the list of channels to watch (I'm not sure if that's useful or not?) but it definitely stays "off" when I try to crank it. I can read and write from the ECU no problem, but I just can't crank it!

Any ideas??
    My car is doing the exact same thing any way you can message me directly and talk to me about how you went about Fixing it my car is coyote swapped foxbody this is driving me nuts thanks