Thread: LLT engines, same camshafts?

LLT engines, same camshafts?

Does anyone know if all the LLT engine use the same camshafts? There are several variations in power ratings and I'm wondering if any of that has to do with the cams of if it's more of an induction and exhaust thing that changes the ratings.

I ask because in tuning the ecu, they have quiet different spark tables between different platforms which are driven off cam angle.

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe there is only a 30hp difference between the lowest and highest power LLT vehicle. Which could easily be done with the calibration. So it might be that they all use the same camshafts. A good way to find out is by checking with GM by part numbers from each vehicle equipped with the LLT engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    I believe there is only a 30hp difference between the lowest and highest power LLT vehicle. Which could easily be done with the calibration. So it might be that they all use the same camshafts. A good way to find out is by checking with GM by part numbers from each vehicle equipped with the LLT engine.
    I did just that. I checked the CTS, Camaro (earlier years) and lambda platform and they all have the same part numbers. Looks like the difference is in the induction, exhaust and tuning.

Potential Tuner
    They are a different cam shaft (part number wise from LFX to LLT) and the heads/exhaust are different.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
    They are a different cam shaft (part number wise from LFX to LLT) and the heads/exhaust are different.
    That is not what he asked. We know that the LFX and LLT are different.

He asked about the LLT Engines only, not LFX. LLT came in quite a few vehicle. And that is what he was asking about, between all the vehicles equipped with the LLT.