Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Configuration & Histogram Repository

Tuner in Training
    Hi,

im new to the site, but do we have a section where we list the type of car we got (make, model, year ect) & parts/mods list & upload tune files or thoose setup that we "most of us" can use a a start up base map?

1999 Trans Am, Automatic 60lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, LS6 intake, P1SC Intercooled, trans cooler, polly motor/trans mounts, sway bars, subframe connectors, adj. Torque arm, Moser 12 bolt w/3.42 gears, pacetter longtubes....

I want to make a fueling histogram, but I can't............... put the pieces together.. I know I can put two tables against each other to yield a needed number, but I can't think of which ones. Was gonna start a thread, but a search pointed me to this thread which I never even noticed. Odd how often the stickies are overlooked.

This is for an SD tune... I'm debating about going back to a MAF and getting a good honey comb and a 100mm MAF. Wondering if one table should be Stoich or Commanded AFR, and maybe the other one should be the WBo2
    2002 Z06 corvette. Heads cam. The usual.

Do we have a histogram to take the guess work out of PE adjustments??
    2002 Z06 corvette. Heads cam. The usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayer-Z28 View Post
    I want to make a fueling histogram, but I can't............... put the pieces together.. I know I can put two tables against each other to yield a needed number, but I can't think of which ones. Was gonna start a thread, but a search pointed me to this thread which I never even noticed. Odd how often the stickies are overlooked.

This is for an SD tune... I'm debating about going back to a MAF and getting a good honey comb and a 100mm MAF. Wondering if one table should be Stoich or Commanded AFR, and maybe the other one should be the WBo2
    You obviously need to read more of the how-to's....

I believe one of the stock configs has a commanded AFR histogram that shows what your avg commanded was in each cell of the VE. As for VE tuning itself, it always will take the calculated error percentage, it doesn't matter whether it's stoich or PE fueling, the afrerror will be the same in that cell the way everything is calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayer-Z28 View Post
    Do we have a histogram to take the guess work out of PE adjustments??
    You can create your own... it's not hard at all. You'd basically be taking afrerror vs the RPM scaling of the PE table then overlaying percentage error. It's the cheap not right way of doing WOT tuning, but there's a ton of halfass tuners out there who charge a ton of money for changing a handful of tables including this one.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

How come I cant upload any configs/histogm using Beta?
    2003 5.7 RCSB 224/228 114 60lb MOTORONS LONG TUBE HEADERS CAT DELETE 4L80E 3.73

Tuner in Training

Having problems Configuring my LM-2 WB

Can somebody check this out & tell me what I am doing wrong.
    I configured my LM-2 as Lambda reading
    Configigured in the input # EIO#1. I seems to work fine. When I hook it up to the scanner the same number read at the input on bottom of scanner.
    After watching Greg Banish's DVD, I Created two User defined PID's.
    1st is Commanded_ Lambda & the 2nd is Lambda_err. When I run them they come up as Unsupported Parameters.....
    Can anybody help me here? I added the snap shots in a PDF file. If you need it anyother format, let me Know and I will send it.
    Thanks,
    scot
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Bill or someone...

Looking to maf tune a 2004 gto.

Can someone explain to me why it would matter what year the ls1 is as to which config I should use? Looking for a maf tuning config and was not sure which one to use in this thread. I am running a cable driven throttle body.

Also, Is there a benefit of maf tunning with long term vs short term fuel trims? LT would be a quicker process correct?
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.

Advanced Tuner
    TTT need hellp setting this up
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TDCRacing View Post
    TTT need hellp setting this up
    I'm with you

Can someone help me with a custom PID to log Blower RPM vs Manifold Air Temp
    I am not sure on how to design the custom PID [SENS.70]*3.3428

[SENS.70] I assume is Engine RPM and 3.3428 is the my 8" Crank divided by 2.8" front X rear OD (1.17) = 3.3428
    What am I doing wrong
    2011 Camaro, 430cu Lsx, Mast Heads, Ported TVS 2300, ID 1300's, E85-Flex, Squash Fuel System, 250 Direct Port Nitrous, LPE Overdrive rear 10/14 Rib, Overdrive, 2.8" Upper, NW 102, 2" ARH, PATC built A6, Circle D Conv. etc. BMR 15" Wheel Conversion w/29/10.5W's/15 Hoosiers

2007 H2 SUT, 427 LSX, T76 BB@16lbs 225 Trickflows, Vic JR Intake, Lt's, Dual return fuel sys, Comp 236-232-115, 4L80e, 3000 Vigilante, etc.

Potential Tuner
    Having trouble opening and viewing files. A walk through from a vet would be nice. Any help is appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Since I'm a nice person.....
    jakebd56 mate stupid question I know but that E38- E67 cfg will that work on the AUS 6ltr cars ie 06+ models , sure it would since they have the E38/E40 PCM... I tried to use it on a L76 6LTR 06 and the MAF histograms stated that this is not supported with the current loaded parameters yet they are on the table display......Is there something I am missing here or can anybody offer some advice cheers Bret Ultimate Lsx Tuning.....Cheers to BBA for helping
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 06-01-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Got a question, going to tune a customers E38 6ltr L76 and need a bit of info . What idle airflow cfg (Tuning R.A.F) can I use for that pcm. Have R. Kemp's idle airflow cfg , idiot me just figured it out, just change the readings from say g/sec to lb/min... Cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 06-01-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Is there a config that helps align the O2 switch points with the airflow mode table for better CL operation after header install?

Tuner in Training
    Hi I need help for tuning my truck

Year: 1999
    Make: GMC
    Model: Sierra
    VIN: 1GTEK14T4XZ508911
    Idle Tuning, MAF Tuning and VE tuning

i hope you can help me and Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like we need to update this.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Potential Tuner
    Since this is the sticky post, does any one have the gen III or gen IV graphs or layout files? Just received my HP tuners stuff and would love a few pre-setup configs to play around with.

I was thinking about trying to install the older version on another PC, import the configs, then transfer them to use on version 3.0.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal_FTW View Post
    Since this is the sticky post, does any one have the gen III or gen IV graphs or layout files? Just received my HP tuners stuff and would love a few pre-setup configs to play around with.

I was thinking about trying to install the older version on another PC, import the configs, then transfer them to use on version 3.0.
    Tried my hand at setting up a layout with VE, MAF, spark, and fueling. If any one checks it out please feel free to give me feed back. Not sure if I did it completely right. But there are not any v3 layouts on the sticky yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there a repository or collection of what people are logging / layout for the e40 ?
    brand new to HPT and I spent some time changing things in VCM scanner so it would collect/log data but it would be nice to just open something up vs re inventing the wheel
    Last edited by MP_; 04-15-2016 at 10:05 PM.