Thread: P59 Uncontrollable high idle

Senior Tuner

P59 Uncontrollable high idle

Have a 2003 Sierra running a 2 bar o/s with a turbo. Truck is tuned and runs great. It has electric fans with the fan settings coppied over from a 2005 truck. Once the weather started getting warmer the idle would command higher while moving and at an idle. You can watch the commanded idle go to 950, there is nothing in the tune that will allow for this at operating temperature. Normal idle is 800 in gear and 830 with ac running.

Thinking there may be something in the background that hpt has not defined I flashed a 2005 Sierra file in that originally did come with electric fans. Idle works perfectly now. However this has caused 2 other issues I have not been able to sort out.
    1) Alternator light on dash is on. I have tried every combination of setting there is to make it go out, no success. Charging system works fine. Any thoughts? Has anyone made this work? Read another post that said a 2005 or newer cluster was required.
    2) Engine cranks over a little longer to start. All of the setting are identical between the files. Switching back and forth between the tunes its noticeable. No idea why and settings I have changed have not fixed it. Any ideas?

Senior Tuner
    Post the two tunes when you get a chance. I'll take a look.