Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wideband serial to usb disappears when scanning

Tuner in Training
    I should also note I could see the 2 HPT related serial ports (scanner and WB) show up in device manager when I plugged the usb hub into the laptop way before I disabled the bluetooth.

Make sure you see these show up, If not you might have a cable problem WHICH I also had as well but solved early on in this adventure.

I did remove vehicle info and reconnected. restarted l
    the laptop while everything was plugged in and wideband on, this worked but next time it was back to not working. Crazy thing is that is has always worked for the past 4 years.
    Shouldnt have to reboot the laptop each time.
    One would think HP Tuners would fix the issue.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Vos View Post
    I struggled with this for a while as well. Did everything you had listed.

Yes HPT supports serial wideband.

Try starting your vehicle and making sure the wideband is warmed up .

Have your HPT cable and your wideband serial cable plugged into your laptop.

Restart windows on your laptop and see if this works, then go into VCM scanner and see if you have a wideband reading.

That's all it took for me, just a restart with everything plugged in and the car running and the wideband works.
    Ive been chasing down why my Innovate MTX-L would not log, in VCM Suite, disappear when added, etc.

THE FOLLOWING WORKED FIRST TRY, AND I CAN SWITCH COM PORTS AND IT STILL WORKS. Details of components used: Innovate MTX-L w/4.9 sensor, VCM Suite 5.0.4 MVPI3 Interface; RS232 serial to USB, 9600-8-1-NONE-1-NONE.

Try starting your vehicle and making sure the wideband is warmed up .

Have your HPT cable and your wideband serial cable plugged into your laptop.

Restart windows on your laptop and see if this works, then go into VCM scanner and see if you have a wideband reading.

I would suggest this be the first thing done when trying to log an Innovate MTX-L

When TS I KNEW that the Innovate WB was outputting data because I could see it from the LogWorks tool. So, when I confirmed that the stock logging software was seeing a signal, I just close all VCM Editor, Scanner and WB programs, and did a restart while plugged in and the car running. When Windows restarted, I opened up VCM Scanner, and did a Repoll for Supported Parameters and wala. It was working just as all the videos show it should.

HTH
    Last edited by phtcbra; 6 Days Ago at 03:39 PM. Reason: moar info