Thread: Header install on on LT1

Potential Tuner

Header install on on LT1

I'm brand new so be gentle and I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but here goes. I installed a set of Texas Speed 1-7/8 long tubes on my '17 LT1 and now have issues with cat inefficiency codes (expected). What's the magic formula to make it go away. I know i could delete the DTC's and SES for the downstream o2 sensors but I'm pretty sure this will keep the monitors in not ready status. I do have to pass smog in 5 months so I would be a no go if that's the case. So what are my options in resolving this. Can't pulse timing be modified to allow for the sensor relocation? Thank you to anyone that can help!

Codes:
    P0420 Permanent
    P0430 Permanent
    P2096 Stored
    P2098 Stored
    Last edited by scottirox; 08-09-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You needed to disable them after they have passed, not after you did the header install. I think you have to set the DTC to no error reported once the emission test has passed otherwise it will run the test again, and set the fault and not pass the readiness test.

Advanced Tuner
    Permanent codes will not clear until the test runs and passes. You can flash a file with the codes turned off, but you will still have those permanent codes. The only way to get rid of those is to put the exhaust back to stock and drive it until the codes clear themselves.

If you flash the tune in the car with the codes turned off before it fails the test, you will be fine.

Potential Tuner
    if i add spacers to the rear o2's and if the trip cycle gets rid of the codes i can flash a disable error file. Wouldn't that work as well? I cant leave spacers on for smog test because they do a visual and would probably fail me if they saw the spacers. My other question is when I get the monitors to not throw cat inefficiency codes and flash a kill code file, will the monitors still remain in ready status for smog OBD2 testing?
    Scotti

2017 SS LT1
    Texas Speed 1-7/8 Headers
    K&N Cold Air
    BBK 92mm TB
    Various suspension braces and whatnots