Thread: 2009 HCI Z06 limp mode with no codes.

Potential Tuner

2009 HCI Z06 limp mode with no codes.

I have a 09 Z06, heads, cam and installed a MSD intake with NW 103. Car was just tuned with no issues. Car ran perfect until the battery died. Ever since then I've been having issues. Anytime I do any full throttle pulls and come to a stop I have no throttle. Almost like it puts the car in limp mode or doesn't let the throttle plate open, throws no codes. I can push the gas pedal and little to nothing happens on the tach. I have to keep pushing the gas pedal just so it would reach maybe 2k rpm over a period of time so the car could start rolling. Once the car gets moving it suddenly comes out of like a limp (comes to life) and then drives fine until the next stop. If I drive the car normal and never do anything full throttle pulls I have no issues. It?s only after I do say highway pulls or full throttle action. Can anyone look at my tune and see if there's anything missing?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    My 13 427 did this as well. You should be getting codes for P0106 MAP Out of Range, P0121 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor Switch A Circuit Range/Performance and P1101 Mass Air Flow Sensor Out of Range.

All of this came from the MAP Sensor being out of range. LSX Tuner on YT has a video that shows what to change in HP Tuners. I did this and voila - all of my issues stopped immediately.

Potential Tuner
    The thing is it never shows any codes when I read it. Never throws a CEL either. I?ll have to look on YouTube and just try it regardless.

Tuner
    Post a log file. It is not going to show any codes because, if it is setting any one of those dtcs, the tests for P0101, P0106, P0121 and P0068 are disabled, these tables need to be adjusted with values from your datalog and re-enabled. Your MAF table needs some work, MAF LO and HIGH Frequency both have a 5800 cell and they need to match, your 5800 cell is off by 10 grams a second. The whole MAF table could use some attention and i would recommend tuning the VVE as well. Put your cutoff settings back to stock, (keep the rpm you want). HI and Lo Octane tables are the same and for whatever reason their is no spark values after 7200 RPM? Injector offset vs temp needs to be re-enabled too, this is disabled while tuning, but needs to be re-enabled.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Potential Tuner
    Here are some data Logs of the event happening and my tune file. Again it only happens after you beat on the car and come to a stop.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    bump