Thread: Computer Crashed Win 8 now have new laptop with Win 10 and cannot load

Tuner

Computer Crashed Win 8 now have new laptop with Win 10 and cannot load

I am a long time user of the HP Tuners Suite editor plus scanner. Old computer crashed win 8 and now have a new laptop computer running win 10. Opted out of S so that I can download and run non-microsoft programs. Downloaded the HP Tuners suite software and cannot get it to install. All I get a VCMsuite.msi file of 188KB but that's all I get in the download. Latest message that I get is "incompatible program" How can I get up and running again? Help is greatly appreciated.
    UPDATE: I did get the program loaded but when I attached my MPVI box I get a message that says" Invalid Cable ID. You do not have license support for this interface ID 1xxxxxxx66 is registered and correct. Also have the key number. How do I get the program running again?
    Last edited by dlagrua; 07-30-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Tuner

Got it working

UPDATE 7/31/21 Got it working. Once the windows downloader was fixed. I was able to download on Window 10 perfectly. For the final step; apparently when you put in the application key to get the program working, you cannot just copy and paste in the code if the font is not the right type and size. Copied off my account page, pasted that in and its now up and running. Never heard back from HP on this problem. Great product but had to solve the problem myself.
    TIP: You cannot download HP Tuners while running in S mode in Windows 10. If you selected this mode all non-microsoft programs will not load. Just wait until Windows 11 arrives!