Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen3 Coyote 2020 Mustang GT "Full Bolt-on E85" Optimal Tune...Upcoming Dyno testing

agreed, thank you for sharing

soo hows it feel on the street?

Advanced Tuner
    It feels amazing, at least to me. I wish it was easier to play with part throttle conditions to be more sure of best performance there.. but I'd have a hard time saying anything is missing.

When I started tuning this car, I did make the mistake of trying to up-rate the torque tables and messed things up. I'm back to stock there.. with the rest of the tune with what seems optimal, the car is a beast. It's also a totally base car from which I've removed another 150lbs. I would love to have the chance to drive the car side by side unmodified... +70-80hp, with plenty of pickup in the mid-range, "drag mode" shifts tune in.. tremendous improvement. I have a Procharger P1X "on the shelf" but it's hard to justify wanting more power on the street... but in the interest of science I will likely press on next year with that kit..

In the cool fall air I'd like to go run a 10.9x in perfect conditions. In may, before fine tuning with no traction (1.91 60ft and blowing the tires half way down the track) the car went 11.47 at 125.94.
    Formerly tuned LS motors with hpt
    Now tuning "Full Bolt On" 2022 Mustang GT A10 on "E70"

comparing the first log posted to the final, the air temp is within a few degrees but the cam timing changes dont show up across the pull in regards to the maf period. the airflow is different but it looks like you used that to dial back the negative trims. Its hitting the same uS at the same rpms regardless of the cam timing.

was honestly expecting it to show a higher or lower uS for a given rpm if you found a few hp on the top end and in the middle.

noticed you richened the top end up on afr. saftey or found something registering on the dyno?

Advanced Tuner
    Correct, at one point, I decided to dial back the MAF to reduce the negative trims. I kinda knew I had drifted that way since tuning in colder weather, for whatever reason. I agree, it seems like the actual hp I gained from tuning/correcting cam timing would have shown in airflow as you say. I did do one PE richer run as you noticed but I had mixed an attempted fine tuning of exhaust cam at the same time in lower rpms. In my final tune at hope I did keep it at the richer setting up top, as there seemed to be a couple hp anyway. I was on the leaner side of what guys seem to do at 0.85 coming in. Bottom line from the dyno work, I picked up an average of 9rwhp from 5000rpm up.
    Formerly tuned LS motors with hpt
    Now tuning "Full Bolt On" 2022 Mustang GT A10 on "E70"

good to know, guessing its more the dynamic compression being fine tuned with the cams more than anything. ive seen the same on street pulls. even with large swings from oe op tables. the car feels different but airflow alone is relatively unchanged.

something to keep in mind, its hitting the intake cam advance limit at -20. calling for more but up against the stops so to speak.
    Last edited by Grim5.0; 07-18-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Potential Tuner
    hello, really appreciate all the work, nice job.
    I wanted to ask you, why you tuned directly on your base maps and didn't use the flex logic?