Thread: Base tune for GM LS376/525 in my C6

Potential Tuner

Base tune for GM LS376/525 in my C6

Looking for some info on a GM Crate LS376/525
    Looking to replace my LS3 that has failed with a LS376/525 and was wondering if there?s a good base tune to use until I can get the car to a tuner.
    Car had a tune with a small cam full z06 exhaust CAI and ported TB. Would this tune work until I had time to have it retuned.
    Thanks.
    2010 A6 GS AW-Abel Chevy installed Synergy Tuned LS3 Smog Cam Pkg ,Full Z06 Exhst, Vmax Ported TB, Halltech CAI w 420hp ZR1 Speedline 19/20 W/Conti Tires LG GT2 Coilovers
    TOTALED-C606A6 Abel Chevy Installed Synergy Tuned A&A SC 540hp Vmax ported TB,Z06 exhst w/muffler mod&mild to wild setup.Z06 sway bars. Alpine head unit w/JL speakers JL Amp
    1977 C3 ZZ4 Sold

Tuner
    Do you have a wideband to monitor the AFR? If the motor is lean, and you drive aggressive, it can cause harm.

Potential Tuner
    I don?t but my tuner should though.
    I do have HPTuners
    Having the motor installed at the dealer so just looking to get by till I can get it to the tuner.

If I can help let me know

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    If I can help let me know
    Thanks.

Search the threads here over the last week or so. There has been a discussion about the GMPP crate motors and their difficulties in tuning. Seems as though even with HPTuners some parameters that are changed don't seem to change the tune. In other words untunable. Seems as thought the solution is to change OS to a vehicle/VIN that is tunable.

Here is a copy of a GMPP E67 LS3-525 for your comparison to make some airflow and spark changes to your current file until you get it proper tuned with wideband and dyno.

LS3525 1493333232.hpt

On the subject of the GMPP, even though the OP is replacing engine in factory application. This was the first and last time I used a GMPP ECM, there is some hard coded crap that leads to less than desirable drivabilty and decreased functional control.
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts