Thread: Camaro runs Better with AC ON please help

Potential Tuner

Camaro runs Better with AC ON please help

quick run down, I have a 2010 camaro ss Procharged, headers, fast 102 intake and bbk102 tb. so I put the new throttle body on had my tuner check it out. he didnt change anything, this is when I bought hptuners. I'm new to this tuning world but read etc schalar needed to be changed. Did that but nothing else has been changed, I know Im missing something.. need help. I have a hesitation from a stop unless the AC is on. Actually it seems like the car runs much smoother and stronger with AC ON. Whats the difference in tune with ac on vs off. I attached my tune for you guys to look at
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mgreen1975; 04-30-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Nothing no input

There are adder tables that add airflow when the AC is turned on to compensate for the added load on the engine. I believe that you will need to make changes under the Effective area section for that larger TB also. You could experiment with adding a little to the Base running airflow table, but you might see if you can find a vehicle with similar mods in the tune repository to download and compare to before making any major changes. If your tuner can't fix it, might be time to find one who can.
    2017 JKU Rubicon: Purple, long arms, tons, 40s, Banks CAI, Borla cat-back, TD2/HPT tuned, daily.
    2017 GMC Sierra SLT: 6.2/ 8spd. Just getting started on it...