Thread: Magnuson 2650 tune

Tuner

Question Magnuson 2650 tune

I'll be installing a Magnuson 2650 in the next week or so and was hoping someone could post a list of the parameters I'll need to change. I think I know some but don't want to miss anything.

Thanks
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
    I'll be installing a Magnuson 2650 in the next week or so and was hoping someone could post a list of the parameters I'll need to change. I think I know some but don't want to miss anything.

Thanks
    There are many things that you will need to change and modify. I am not a professional tuner. If this were my car I would search through the tune repository to see if another user has posted a tune file. If not, I suggest reading the multitude of threads available here about learning to tune. I could only imagine how long the post would be if someone were to post everything that required editing.

Is your car currently tuned with HP Tuners?

Did you tune it yourself or pay a shop to tune it?

Tuner
    Yes I have been using HP Tuners for over a year but never a supercharged application.
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Tuner
    Ok the only thing that got me stumped was an error with the "MAP, MAF, TPS. Contacted Kyle at Goat Rope Garage and he suggested the MAP sensor scaling. I did some research and after trying one, finally found this: GM Part 3-Bar Sensor reads up to 44 psi Tuning Data - Linear: 312.50 and Off-Set: -11.25. This GM 3-Bar MAP sensor is recommended for Forced Induction applications and is the OEM MAP sensor for GM LSA and LS9 supercharged engines. This is a factory 3 bar MAP sensor that is a great upgrade for forced induction applications. After putting this data in it runs fine.

Still working on timing and A/F but got it pretty close. Ran the line for the meth injection today and hopefully will get it working tomorrow.

And to fast69mopar, that was a waste of forum space. Please try to post something that will help.
    Last edited by DannyC; 05-31-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Tuner
    You know you are supposed to match the data to the MAP sensor you are using, right? Otherwise all of your volumetric-based tuning is likely off.