Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E38 PWM fan help needed

Tuner in Training
    As of right now that seems to be working. Added in my tap-shift settings and everything works, no DTC's. Really curious to know why that was needed. Can't thank you enough for your help on this.

Just working backwards, it must be that the ECM/Trans communications stuff is contained in the System segments in both controllers, and Camaro-speak has some slight difference in format from Corvette-speak and they didn't understand each other. Now they both speak Corvette and they stopped being confused.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, this has given me some hope that it's possible to change to pwm fan control on my E38 ecm for my LS3 conversion, I'm using a Mercedes fan controller which is similar to the C6 corvette controller. I have not had any luck as yet getting it to work and it may be due to the OS as the original car that the ECM came from is used with discrete.

Would this likely require a segment change to a C6 to enable the pwm signal or would that not be possible since my OS differs to the Corvette and Camaro? I have attached the original tune that was used for discrete, and the changes i had made for PWM fan control.

ECM serv # 12633238, OS 1250230

Thanks, James.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jamesdt; 12-19-2021 at 11:40 PM.