Thread: Stock 2006 GTO-Very lean in OL-Help!

Potential Tuner

Stock 2006 GTO-Very lean in OL-Help!

I'm about to lose my mind on this...Stock 2006 GTO, LS2, NO tuning done besides removing CAGS, speed limiter, etc...

When in closed loop, AFR is about 14.7, but when I put it into open loop, the AFR goes to about 16:1, cold or hot engine. If I set commanded AFR to 13:1 it runs at around 15:1. I have checked the MAP, TPS, ECT, etc. against my old logs and all that seems to read normally. Fuel pressure reads about 70 PSI (!). Also, LTFTs are 8 to 12 positive.

What I find really odd is that I drove around for a while in OL 3 months ago, and it held commanded AFR just fine. Thanks in advance for any advice.

well from what i know if you are lean all of the time in OL then your VE table isn't right (too low of values). you really need a wideband to tune for running in OL.
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

Potential Tuner
    I am indeed running a wideband...That's how i know what my AFR is.

I just find it really strange that the stock VE table on a TOTALLY stock car would be that far off, especially since 2 months ago the commanded and measured AFRs in OL were not very far off at all.

Potential Tuner
    Also, for what it's worth, IAT's are reading near ambient...

How different are the ambient temperatures from when you tuned it last and now? If >30 F then I would suspect that the temperature compensation is not exactly ideal. Not too unusual BTW.
    Always Support Our Troops!