Thread: Need help tuning for gen4 injectors in a gen3 PCM

Potential Tuner

Need help tuning for gen4 injectors in a gen3 PCM

Hello, I have a L33 out of a 2006 truck. I used the injectors out of a 2008 H2 6.2. P/N 12580681 I believe. We're having a bitch of a time trying to tune with the gen4 injectors. Can anyone tell me what I would need to do or how to do it to be able to scale the gen4 injectors into my gen3 PCM tune? I'm not the tuner for this project, my friend is. He's mentioned many things like injector scaling and injector offset that I'm doing my best to understand. I'm trying to find any information I can to pass along to him so I'd be grateful for any help, thanks

You need to use this spread sheet to put the GEN 4 data into the GEN 3 format.

I will admit that some of the tables in this spreadsheet and in the tune file you get the 6.2 injector data from won't be 100% exact. You need to do your best to make it work. It may take a few extra minutes to figure out what is different between the two and make the data fit into the spreadsheet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So thanks for linking that spreadsheet. However, I'm having a bit of trouble with using it. First I've enabled editing so I can change the values in the yellow squares with my data but when I enter the data into the square no data in the green squares changes. Do I need to completely wipe all preexisting data from the tables for it to work?